Patrick Stewart Gives Taylor Swift’s “Bad Blood” Some Shakespearean Gravitas
17th Jul 2015
Twitter is all aflutter with Patrick Stewart officially?joining?Taylor Swift’s #SwanSquad after his awesome Shakepearean recital of ‘Bad Blood’. Here’s why we’re welcoming this announcement?with open arms:
1. His friendship with Ian McKellan is the dictionary definition of “Bromance”. The two became close while filming?The X-Men?movies and McKellan even got?ordained so he could officiate?Stewart’s wedding in 2013. They document their friendship across the globe in adorable matching bowler hats. What more could you want from a best friend?
? Ian McKellen (@IanMcKellen) March 22, 2014
? Happy New Year! – A video posted by Patrick Stewart (@sirpatstew) on
2. Which brings us nicely to our next point that he’s active on social media?in the most adorable way.
And my first music festival is over. pic.twitter.com/zB9GvnFHXD
? Patrick Stewart (@SirPatStew) August 11, 2014
gelato game on fleek A video posted by Patrick Stewart (@sirpatstew) on
And he used the term “fleek” correctly, at least we think it’s correct. ‘Fleek’ is like one of those words you know what it means but you’re not sure about how it’s pronounced so you hold off?until someone else says it. Except in this case it’s the other way around.
3. He has been heartbreakingly outspoken about his experience with domestic violence and a fervent advocate for Amnesty International on the subject. Check?out his op-ed for The Guardian?on his difficult childhood and his impassioned’response to this audience member’s question about violence against women.
4. He’s one of the world’s most revered stage actors and any man attempting to play the iconic Prospero in The Tempest?has Stewarts absurdly large shoes to fill.
5. And he has now joined Taylor Swift’s Swan Squad after she heard him recite a segment of “Bad Blood” and we have to be honest, it’s pretty freakin awesome.
She got wind, told Stewart and McKellan that they were “the ULTIMATE squad goals”. Even Stewart’s response is on fleek (is that right?!).
OMG I DIE!!! (no really, I might. I’m old.) https://twitter.com/taylorswift13/status/621810956159590401
? Patrick Stewart (@SirPatStew) July 17, 2015
“I was confused. Hadn’t I just been told this was a perfect time to be pregnant?” she questioned. Actress Cortney...
These days, going to a wedding is the equivalent of going on a short holiday in terms of cost. From...
Don’t miss this year’s IMAGE Business Summit, with an expert line-up, skills masterclasses, keynote addresses and more.Back by popular demand,...
This is a great way to get a juicy roast chicken, bursting with flavour. Bord Bia’s Spatchcock Chicken...
Annie Gatling, now Colleran, knew Trinity College was for her when she saw Front Gate from the top storey of...
Sarah Harding has died at the age of just 39, her heartbroken mother revealed today. The Girls Aloud star had...