Nominations for the IMAGE Businesswoman of the Year Awards 2018 are now live. Will you nominate yourself, a friend or a colleague for one of the highly coveted titles? The lavish ceremony is now in its 12th year and we are looking forward to celebrating it with you at the Clayton Hotel, Burlington Road.
On the evening of Monday 19th November, we will gather with Ireland’s most inspiring businesswomen for a luxurious gala dinner, during which we will recognise and celebrate their successes. We will reveal the winners in nine categories, plus the winner of the Lifetime Achievement award and the overall IMAGE Businesswoman of the Year 2018.
The categories are:
The IMAGE Businesswoman of the Year: Entrepreneurship
Nominees should be switched-on entrepreneurial women, based in Ireland or overseas, with expert business acumen, who’ve developed an innovative idea (either a new product or service) from initial concept to commercial success. The business must be in operation, with filed accounts, for a minimum of three years, with nominees demonstrating a higher propensity for risk, innovation and achievement, along with quantitative evidence of success and growth.
The IMAGE Businesswoman of the Year: Young businesswoman (under 35)
Nominees must be based in Ireland and under the age of 35 on December 31, 2018. They should be inspiring achievers with a great track record of success, including at least three years’ industry experience and/or three years at the helm of their own business, who also show huge promise in their chosen field. In order to qualify, candidates must have at least one year’s filed accounts for the business venture they enter with.
The IMAGE Businesswoman of the Year: Management Professional
Nominees should be resident in Ireland or working overseas, working at a senior level in their organisation. They should be involved in planning, organising, staffing, leading, directing or controlling an organisation, with at least eight years’ experience in their industry, and at least two years in their current organisation. Industry sectors considered within this category include finance, marketing, retail, technology, medicine, legal and media.
The IMAGE Businesswoman of the Year: Start-up
Nominees should be enterprising Irish businesswomen, based in Ireland or overseas, who have established a start-up company since January 1, 2016. Nominees must have filed accounts for at least one year with measures of success including percentage increase in turnover; increased distribution channels, etc. While judges will take particular note of the challenges that the nominee has overcome to date, applications should also include evidence of the business’s potential growth and viability in the longer term.
The IMAGE Businesswoman of the Year: Creative Industry
The winner of this category will be a proven achiever, having forged a successful career in Ireland and/or overseas through pursuing her creative passions. The areas of expertise may include fashion (design including clothing, footwear, accessories, millinery; boutique owners; fashion distributors; stylists, etc); beauty (salon owners, product development and distribution); design (industrial, interiors, visual); and art (artists, gallery owners).
The IMAGE Businesswoman of the Year: CEO
We’re looking for successful businesswomen, working in Ireland or overseas, in the position of chief executive officer, or equivalent, in an Irish or international organisation. Nominees should have occupied their current role for at least two years, with a considerable career story and biography. Measures of success include a significant contribution to company growth and expansion, regardless of business type, underpinned by strong commitment to diversity and corporate social responsibility.
The IMAGE Businesswoman of the Year: Digital & Technology
This award will recognise women, home-based and abroad, in the worlds of technology and the digital space. Acknowledging innovation, passion and achievement, the winner shall stand out in her field; a game-changer in the 21st century who has at least three years’ industry experience. The winner may be a professional, entrepreneur or employee working at senior management level in the tech/digital world, with financial success to back up her achievements to date.
The IMAGE Businesswoman of the Year: Social Entrepreneurship
We’re looking for an inspirational businesswoman working in the voluntary or not-for-profit sectors, who has occupied her current role in Ireland for a minimum of two years, while further industry experience is an advantage. The successful nominee will demonstrate the use of entrepreneurial principles to organise, create and manage a charitable venture to achieve a desired social change. The main characteristics the judges are looking for include innovation, passion, resourcefulness and risk-taking.
The IMAGE Businesswoman of the Year: Science and Academic We’re looking for successful businesswomen working at home or overseas who are pushing the boundaries. Whether working in academia, research and development, creating new initiatives or in top level management positions in Irish or international organisations, nominees should have occupied their current role for at least two years, with measures of success including invention, innovation and new thinking and advancement of science.
How to nominate
All questions on the nomination form must be completed in full. Only one form can be used per nomination. If you would like to nominate someone for multiple categories, multiple forms must be completed. It is also important to note the category of IMAGE Businesswoman of the Year is not open for nominations, but will be chosen by the judging panel from nominations to all categories, or on the judges’ own recommendations.
You must provide your own contact details, as well as the following information about your nominee:
- Name of nominee
- Name of their company/ organisation/ charity/ NGO.
- Nominee’s job title
- Business sector
- Number of years the nominee has worked in the industry
- Nominee’s position in the company
- The company’s turnover/profit for last filed accounts
- The nominee’s role, responsibilities and achievements to date
- How has the nominee dealt with challenges in her business?
- How has the nominee’s business grown as a result of her efforts?
- What does the nominee expect to achieve over the next 12 months?
- Why should the nominee be considered a role model for other businesswomen?
- Three reasons why the nominee deserves to win this award (max 200 words)
- Nominees contact details
Terms and Conditions
- Please note the judges reserve the right to consider candidates as nominees for other categories other than those they have specifically been nominated for.
- Only award-winners will be contacted personally and acceptance of an award permits IMAGE Publications Ltd to use the winners’ names and photos for promotional purposes.
- Entries can only be submitted online at www.image.ie and must reach us by Friday 12th October 2018, at 5 pm.
- This competition is not open to employees of IMAGE Publications Ltd or any of the sponsors of the awards.
- A list of winners will be made available by sending an SAE to the above address. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. IMAGE Publications Ltd does not accept any responsibility for late or lost entries.
- Please note that the information provided above will be shared with our judging panel. Basic information such as individuals names and company name may be shared with third parties for the purpose of the awards ceremony.
Click here for tickets.