Monday Motivation: 10 Brené Brown quotes that will put Christmas stress into perspective
Are your stress levels rising as December draws closer? These Brené Brown quotes might help…
It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas. Carollers are singing, lights are twinkling… and stress levels are rising.
It’s so easy to get caught up in the frenzy of the festive season, especially when trying to juggle work and family with gift-buying, home decorating and menu preparation.
It’s a busy time of year, but sometimes we just need to take a step back from the often unnecessary drama and stress. These 10 Brené Brown quotes should help put things into perspective…
1. “Stay in your own lane. Comparison kills creativity and joy.”
2. “Compassion is not a virtue — it is a commitment. It’s not something we have or don’t have — it’s something we choose to practice.”
3. “When we work from a place, I believe, that says ‘I’m enough,’ then we stop screaming and start listening, we’re kinder and gentler to the people around us, and we’re kinder and gentler to ourselves.”
4. “Because true belonging only happens when we present our authentic, imperfect selves to the world, our sense of belonging can never be greater than our level of self-acceptance.”
5. “Want to be happy? Stop trying to be perfect.”
6. “Nostalgia is also a dangerous form of comparison. Think about how often we compare our lives to a memory that nostalgia has so completely edited that it never really existed.”
7. “Connection is why we’re here; it is what gives purpose and meaning to our lives.”
8. “Until we can receive with an open heart, we are never really giving with an open heart. When we attach judgment to receiving help, we knowingly or unknowingly attach judgment to giving help.”
9. “Joy comes to us in ordinary moments. We risk missing out when we get too busy chasing down the extraordinary.”
10. “Maybe the holiday magic is in the mess.”
Photo: Chris Pizzello