23rd Oct 2014
These awesome origami stars will brighten anyone’s Christmas…
Unfurl these exquisite?little stars to reveal a secret Christmas message.
YOU WILL NEED: Strips of white paper, gold’spray paint (around €10, PlastiKote), white thread.
HOW TO: Each star is made from a single strip of paper, using an origami folding technique, then simply threaded onto your present. Spray a couple of them in gold paint if you like.
1. You will need: strips of paper, approximately 1.5cm x 23cm. Write your message on a strip of paper.
2. Tie a knot in the end of the strip of paper and flatten.
3. As step 2.
4. Fold up any stray ends.
5. Tuck stray end under knot created.
6. Fold the remaining strip repeatedly over the knot, following the outer lines.
7. As step 6.
8. Once you are near the end, stop and tuck the tail under to create a flat pentagon.
9. Pinch one of the points as shown to begin to make a three-dimensional form.
10. Repeat with the remaining four points to create a star shape.
Now head over?here for another superstar tutorial for origami enthusiasts.
Sheenagh Green for?@Image_Interiors
Still one of our favourite homes ever, the easy-breezy interiors...
‘Eclipsed’ director Kate Canning told Jennifer McShane of the challenges...
Painting kitchen cabinets can be transformative and can be achieved relatively low-cost,...
Holograms of the children she may never have dance across Dearbhla Crosses' mind as an MS diagnosis and Covid-19 are unwelcome reminders of her biological clock ticking.