23rd Oct 2014
These awesome origami stars will brighten anyone’s Christmas…
Unfurl these exquisite?little stars to reveal a secret Christmas message.
YOU WILL NEED: Strips of white paper, gold’spray paint (around €10, PlastiKote), white thread.
HOW TO: Each star is made from a single strip of paper, using an origami folding technique, then simply threaded onto your present. Spray a couple of them in gold paint if you like.
1. You will need: strips of paper, approximately 1.5cm x 23cm. Write your message on a strip of paper.
2. Tie a knot in the end of the strip of paper and flatten.
3. As step 2.
4. Fold up any stray ends.
5. Tuck stray end under knot created.
6. Fold the remaining strip repeatedly over the knot, following the outer lines.
7. As step 6.
8. Once you are near the end, stop and tuck the tail under to create a flat pentagon.
9. Pinch one of the points as shown to begin to make a three-dimensional form.
10. Repeat with the remaining four points to create a star shape.
Now head over?here for another superstar tutorial for origami enthusiasts.
Sheenagh Green for?@Image_Interiors
Following the utterly devastating trial of his wife Deirdre last week, Andrew McGinley spoke afterward of the love of his...
In a time when cool heads are needed – it’s more than the current heatwave that’s melting minds, writes Amanda...
This beautifully finished end of terrace on Rathmines Road is on the market for just over the million mark
Built around 1860, the Victorian house for sale in Rathmines has all of the period features you would expect with...
You don’t have to love football to have been affected by the tragic scenes at the Finland Denmark game
There were heartbreaking scenes as footballer Christian Eriksen was given CPR at the European Championship game Questions have been raised...
When I was 12 I wrote a story about two girls who were best friends. One girl, the main character,...
Do you find yourself talking about how busy and stressed you are? With stress, the words we speak are like...