16th Dec 2015
Oat milk (image via Swiish)
Try Lilly Higgins”delicious alternative to cow’s milk – add cacao to make a delicious dairy-free chocolate drink…
Homemade oat milk
YOU WILL NEED
1 cup oats
3 cups filtered water
1 tbsp honey or maple syrup
a?pinch of sea salt
1 tbsp bee pollen (optional)
1. Rinse the oats well and place in a bowl, then cover with water. Leave for half an hour or overnight.?It’ll make the oats less gluey, easier to digest and softer.
2. Rinse the oats really well again. Place the rinsed oats in a blender with the three cups of water. Blend till smooth and creamy.
3. Pour the oaty water through a very fine sieve. Use a wooden spoon to push the oat pulp as much as you can.
4. Pour the oat milk back into the blender. Add the remaining ingredients and blitz till smooth.
5. Store in the fridge for 3-4 days and shake well before using. It’s perfect for smoothies and I often add cacao to make a really delicious chocolate milk.
With diversity on the rise, what struggles do interracial couples continue to face today? Filomena Kaguako speaks to three couples about their experiences.
While staying at home and with plenty of time to...
Emerging after the pandemic: ‘There’s an awkwardness to my interactions, like I’ve forgotten how to socialise’
In just a few months, human contact became one of...
I fear the true fallout of Covid on our cities...
The BRIT Awards took place over in London last night,...
Still one of our favourite homes ever, the easy-breezy interiors...