These are ridiculously delicious. They taste just as good as they look – a crumbly, oat biscuit base with a smooth, sweet pumpkin pie filling all topped with extra oat crunch crumbled on top. They’re such a satisfying seasonal treat, the pumpkin and comforting spices taste so Autumny and they smell divine as they bake.
For the Crumble:
1 & 1/2 Cups (150g) of Gluten Free Oats
1 & 1/2 Cups (180g) of Ground Almonds
1 Teaspoon of Baking Powder
1/2 Cup (125ml) of Melted Coconut Oil
1/2 Cup (125ml) of Maple Syrup
1/2 Cup (75g) of Coconut Sugar
For the Filling:
1 Cup (250g) of Pumpkin Pur?e
1/3 Cup (85ml) of Maple Syrup
1 Teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
1/4 Teaspoon of Nutmeg
1/4 Teaspoon of Ground Ginger
– Preheat the oven to 180?C.
– In a large bowl, combine the oats, ground almonds, coconut sugar and baking powder. Then pour in the melted coconut oil and maple syrup and mix well.
– Line a 9?9 inch baking tin with parchment paper. Add half of the oat mixture to the tin and use your hands to spread it out and press it evenly into the tin. Bake at 180?C for about 10 minutes until golden brown and starting to crisp.
– While that’s baking, combine the egg, vanilla and maple syrup in a large bowl. Add in the spices and mix well. Whisk in the pumpkin pur?e until smooth.
– When the first layer is baked, spread the pumpkin mixture over it and put it back in the oven for about 15 minutes.
– Take out the tin and crumble the rest of the oat mixture over the top. Pop it back in the oven for the last time and bake for about 20 minutes, until the crumble is golden and crisp and the pumpkin filling is set.
This recipe is gluten free and dairy free. For more healthy recipes, both sweet and savoury, check out www.thelittlegreenspoon.com and follow Indy on Instagram @thelittlegreenspoon and Twitter @littlegspoon