23rd Oct 2014
A stack of these addictive crackers with some gorgeous Irish farmhouse cheeses and a jar of?chutney is the ultimate after-dinner treat – not to mention an elegant edible gift.
Crackers for Cheese (Makes 30)
YOU WILL NEED
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 250g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 70g butter
- 5-6 tbsp water
- Lightly butter 2 or 3 baking sheets.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, salt and cayenne pepper together.
- Using a food processor or your fingertips, rub in the butter until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Sprinkle over the water and blend until the mixture comes together to form a firm dough.
- Flatten and cover in cling film. Place in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180C/gas mark 4.
- Lightly flour your work surface. Roll the dough out until it is 2mm thick. Using a 6cm cutter, cut?the crackers into rounds.
- Place on the tray and pierce each one several times with a fork.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until lightly?golden and firm.
- Cool on a wire rack; they can keep in an airtight container for two weeks.
Try these with a nice Camembert from?Sheridans Cheesemongers and?Donal Skehan‘s apple and ginger chutney, plus a glass of the divine?Longueville House mulled cider?? all featured?in our current issue ??for the perfect #instabites-worthy fireside night in!
“I was confused. Hadn’t I just been told this was a perfect time to be pregnant?” she questioned. Actress Cortney...
Painting kitchen cabinets can be transformative and can be achieved relatively low-cost, but you need the right equipment, and a lot of...
Not everyone was happy about the Duchess of Sussex getting involved in US politics. But her letter on behalf of...
This is a great way to get a juicy roast chicken, bursting with flavour. Bord Bia’s Spatchcock Chicken...
Don’t miss this year’s IMAGE Business Summit, with an expert line-up, skills masterclasses, keynote addresses and more.Back by popular demand,...
Sarah Harding has died at the age of just 39, her heartbroken mother revealed today. The Girls Aloud star had...