23rd Oct 2014
A stack of these addictive crackers with some gorgeous Irish farmhouse cheeses and a jar of?chutney is the ultimate after-dinner treat – not to mention an elegant edible gift.
Crackers for Cheese (Makes 30)
YOU WILL NEED
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 250g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 70g butter
- 5-6 tbsp water
- Lightly butter 2 or 3 baking sheets.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, salt and cayenne pepper together.
- Using a food processor or your fingertips, rub in the butter until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Sprinkle over the water and blend until the mixture comes together to form a firm dough.
- Flatten and cover in cling film. Place in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180C/gas mark 4.
- Lightly flour your work surface. Roll the dough out until it is 2mm thick. Using a 6cm cutter, cut?the crackers into rounds.
- Place on the tray and pierce each one several times with a fork.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until lightly?golden and firm.
- Cool on a wire rack; they can keep in an airtight container for two weeks.
Try these with a nice Camembert from?Sheridans Cheesemongers and?Donal Skehan‘s apple and ginger chutney, plus a glass of the divine?Longueville House mulled cider?? all featured?in our current issue ??for the perfect #instabites-worthy fireside night in!
Chrissy Teigen is the queen of oversharing. Usually it’s in...
Rings to help you flaunt your fresh mani? Non-negotiables. Nail...
I fear the true fallout of Covid on our cities...
‘Femertising’ is big business. Brands are increasingly taking advantage of...
“Every baby costs you a book” – that’s something women...
This healthy fish and courgette chips recipe from Jane Kennedy...