18th Jan 2015
? 110g icing sugar
? 60g ground almonds
? 2 egg whites
? 40g caster sugar
? metallic food paint
? parchment paper, circles drawn on
? dark chocolate ganache mix
? tools, pictured
1. Whisk egg whites until firm; add caster sugar and further whisk into stiff peaks. Fold in sifted icing sugar and almonds.
2. Add food colouring to achieve your desired shade. Use a few colours, to show your palette’s range.
3. Pipe onto circles, leave for 15mins; bake in a preheated oven (180?C) for 10-15 minutes: then cool on a rack.
4. Spread warmed dark chocolate ganache on the underside of half the circles, then add a top to each.
5. Use a metallic food paint, in your chosen accent shade, to create a light stroke atop each macaroon.
Jette Virdi @JetteVirdi
Photography: Joanne Murphy
It was on this day, January 17th, 1998, when news...
Painting kitchen cabinets can be transformative and can be achieved relatively low-cost,...
“Every baby costs you a book” – that’s something women...
The documentary Miss Americana has shown a different side to...
With diversity on the rise, what struggles do interracial couples continue to face today? Filomena Kaguako speaks to three couples about their experiences.