18th Jan 2015
? 110g icing sugar
? 60g ground almonds
? 2 egg whites
? 40g caster sugar
? metallic food paint
? parchment paper, circles drawn on
? dark chocolate ganache mix
? tools, pictured
1. Whisk egg whites until firm; add caster sugar and further whisk into stiff peaks. Fold in sifted icing sugar and almonds.
2. Add food colouring to achieve your desired shade. Use a few colours, to show your palette’s range.
3. Pipe onto circles, leave for 15mins; bake in a preheated oven (180?C) for 10-15 minutes: then cool on a rack.
4. Spread warmed dark chocolate ganache on the underside of half the circles, then add a top to each.
5. Use a metallic food paint, in your chosen accent shade, to create a light stroke atop each macaroon.
Jette Virdi @JetteVirdi
Photography: Joanne Murphy
Following the utterly devastating trial of his wife Deirdre last week, Andrew McGinley spoke afterward of the love of his...
The BRIT Awards took place over in London last night, welcoming the who’s who of the music world inside the...
Many of us are struggling to maintain a healthy sleep cycle during Covid-19, explains sleep technologist Breege Leddy. But there are...
Painting kitchen cabinets can be transformative and can be achieved relatively low-cost, but you need the right equipment, and a lot of...
This is why rape victims think twice before coming forward, writes Amanda Cassidy He was once known as “America’s Dad”...
A life of wearing the wrong underwear had Sophie White’s knickers in a twist. She reports on the unexpected satisfaction...
I fear the true fallout of Covid on our cities is just getting started, writes Amanda Cassidy As the pandemic...