Learn to make this crunchy spiralizer salad with your FREE Kenwood spirilizer
24th Aug 2018
Donal Skehan shares his favourite spiralized salad recipe in anticipation of our upcoming “An audience with Donal Skehan” event on September 6th, at which ALL guests will be gifted a Kenwood spiralizer!
Donal Skehan’s crunchy cucumber spiralizer salad
For the dressing:
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- zest & juice of 1 lime
- 3 tbsp fish sauce
- 1/2 red chilli, finely chopped
For the salad:
- 1 carrot
- 1 cucumber
- 3-4 shallots, finely sliced
- 1 red chilli, finely sliced
- Large handful of beansprouts
- Large handful of peanuts, toasted
- A good handful of mint leaves
- Medium bowl
- frying pan
- Pestle and Mortar
- For the dressing, whisk together the caster sugar with the zest and juice of the lime and fish sauce until the caster sugar has dissolved. Add in the red chilli and whisk through. Toast the peanuts in a dry frying pan until golden and then remove from the pan and bash roughly in a pestle and mortar.
- Attach one carrot to the machine and twist that handle! Do the exactly same with the cucumber and you should be left with long vegetable noodles. Put all the vegetables in a large mixing bowl and add in some finely sliced shallots, finely sliced red chilli and a handful of bean sprouts and some fresh mint leaves. Pour over the dressing and give it a good toss to combine.
- Serve it up with some more mint leaves, peanuts and a little chilli for extra spice and colour!
Tickets now available for “An audience with Donal Skehan”
Join us for an evening with Donal Skehan at the Alex Hotel on Thursday, September 6 to celebrate the launch of his brand new book – Meals in Minutes.
WHEN Thursday, September 6
Drinks & canapés from 6.30pm
WHERE The Alex Hotel, Dublin
*Including a Kenwood spiralizer worth €59.99 & treats for ALL guests!
To book tickets, click here and for all enquiries call 01 271 9609
‘Femertising’ is big business. Brands are increasingly taking advantage of...
With diversity on the rise, what struggles do interracial couples continue to face today? Filomena Kaguako speaks to three couples about their experiences.
The documentary Miss Americana has shown a different side to...
Painting kitchen cabinets can be transformative and can be achieved relatively low-cost,...