29th Oct 2014
We’re seriously taken with Helen James? new?Considered range for Dunnes Stores …
Not only does the new line include have-to-have cookware, but it also offers up edible treats – such as a scrumptious range of unusually delectable chocolate bars (pistachio and ginger, bergamot and hazelnut, rose and peppercorn). Make them into spicy, aromatic brownies for that extra OMG factor (?3.50 at?Dunnes Stores).
Chocolate brownies with bergamot and hazelnut chunks (Makes 28)
YOU WILL NEED
- 300g butter
- 3 bars Considered milk chocolate (80g each)
- 5 medium eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 160g plain flour
- 40g cocoa
- 1 tsp sea salt flakes, lightly crushed
- 1 bar Considered Bergamot & Hazelnut chocolate
- Preheat oven to 180C/350F/gas mark 4.
- Line your baking tray with parchment paper.
- Melt your butter and milk chocolate in a bowl over a pan of simmering water.
- In a separate bowl, beat your eggs, vanilla and sugar until thick and glossy, and coating the back of a spoon.
- When the chocolate is melted, remove from heat and slowly add to egg mixture, beating all the time.
- Sift together your flour and cocoa, and add the salt flakes.
- Add the cocoa-flour mixture to dry mix and beat until smooth.
- Break up your Bergamot & Hazelnut bar into chunks and stir into the brownie batter.
- Pour your mixture into a pan (34x23cm/13×9″) and spread out evenly.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for 20 minutes.
- When ready, the centre should be gooey but not wobble, and there should be a light brown crust that is just starting to crack
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool in the pan for 20 minutes.
- Cut into 28 even squares.
Enjoy and send us your #consideredbrownies?Instagrams!
For other scrumptious savoury and sweet delights, check out our Image Interiors & Living November/December edition, on shelves now!
The entitled backlash when someone tries to set their own boundaries is concerning, writes Amanda Cassidy “One particular friend just...
Painting kitchen cabinets can be transformative and can be achieved relatively low-cost, but you need the right equipment, and a lot of...
This is why rape victims think twice before coming forward, writes Amanda Cassidy He was once known as “America’s Dad”...
Your brain health is just as important as that of the rest of your body, says psychologist and neuroscientist Dr...
‘We have not heeded the warnings sufficiently’: The health emergency we’ve ignored while focusing on the pandemic
The climate change debate has been going on for so long its become white noise. But this week, the effects...
Following the utterly devastating trial of his wife Deirdre last week, Andrew McGinley spoke afterward of the love of his...
In a time when cool heads are needed – it’s more than the current heatwave that’s melting minds, writes Amanda...