29th Oct 2014
We’re seriously taken with Helen James? new?Considered range for Dunnes Stores …
Not only does the new line include have-to-have cookware, but it also offers up edible treats – such as a scrumptious range of unusually delectable chocolate bars (pistachio and ginger, bergamot and hazelnut, rose and peppercorn). Make them into spicy, aromatic brownies for that extra OMG factor (?3.50 at?Dunnes Stores).
Chocolate brownies with bergamot and hazelnut chunks (Makes 28)
YOU WILL NEED
- 300g butter
- 3 bars Considered milk chocolate (80g each)
- 5 medium eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 160g plain flour
- 40g cocoa
- 1 tsp sea salt flakes, lightly crushed
- 1 bar Considered Bergamot & Hazelnut chocolate
- Preheat oven to 180C/350F/gas mark 4.
- Line your baking tray with parchment paper.
- Melt your butter and milk chocolate in a bowl over a pan of simmering water.
- In a separate bowl, beat your eggs, vanilla and sugar until thick and glossy, and coating the back of a spoon.
- When the chocolate is melted, remove from heat and slowly add to egg mixture, beating all the time.
- Sift together your flour and cocoa, and add the salt flakes.
- Add the cocoa-flour mixture to dry mix and beat until smooth.
- Break up your Bergamot & Hazelnut bar into chunks and stir into the brownie batter.
- Pour your mixture into a pan (34x23cm/13×9″) and spread out evenly.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for 20 minutes.
- When ready, the centre should be gooey but not wobble, and there should be a light brown crust that is just starting to crack
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool in the pan for 20 minutes.
- Cut into 28 even squares.
Enjoy and send us your #consideredbrownies?Instagrams!
For other scrumptious savoury and sweet delights, check out our Image Interiors & Living November/December edition, on shelves now!
The documentary Miss Americana has shown a different side to...
What’s seldom is truly wonderful, writes Amanda Cassidy Dublin Zoo...
Holograms of the children she may never have dance across Dearbhla Crosses' mind as an MS diagnosis and Covid-19 are unwelcome reminders of her biological clock ticking.
For Mother's Day Lia Hynes sits down with Rosanna Davidson, whose exceptional journey into motherhood has given many hope.
This healthy fish and courgette chips recipe from Jane Kennedy...
Painting kitchen cabinets can be transformative and can be achieved relatively low-cost,...