04th Jul 2014
The vegetarian burger to convert even hardcore carnivores…
Grilled Portobello Mushroom and Peach Burgers
YOU WILL NEED
6 Portobello mushrooms
6 burger buns of your choice – we used chunky sourdough
100g micro greens
6 cherry tomatoes halved
6 scallions, chopped
Salt and pepper
FOR THE MARINADE
4 tbs olive oil
2 fresh rosemary sprigs
1 tbsp fresh thyme
2 garlic cloves smashed
Zest and Juice of 1 lemon
Salt and pepper
1. Pre-heat grill.
2. Use some kitchen paper to clean the mushrooms. Cut peaches in half and remove the stone.
3. For the marinade, pour olive oil into a small bowl and add a sprig of rosemary, finely chopped, chopped thyme, garlic, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Mix well.
4. Use the other rosemary sprig to brush marinade onto mushrooms and peaches.
5. When the grill is ready, grill the mushrooms and peaches for about three to four minutes each side, using the sprig of rosemary to brush the marinade over them one more time.
6. Slice the bread in half and colour on the grill.
7. To assemble, place the tomato halves, micro greens and spring onion on the bottom. Put a mushroom on top, then complete with the peach halves.
‘Femertising’ is big business. Brands are increasingly taking advantage of...
Holograms of the children she may never have dance across Dearbhla Crosses' mind as an MS diagnosis and Covid-19 are unwelcome reminders of her biological clock ticking.
With diversity on the rise, what struggles do interracial couples continue to face today? Filomena Kaguako speaks to three couples about their experiences.
It was on this day, January 17th, 1998, when news...
Still one of our favourite homes ever, the easy-breezy interiors...