01st Dec 2013
Will de Korte had been into baking since a child, but it was only after he met his wife Joanne that he started to engage further with his knowledge and love of cooking. He put himself forward for The Great Irish Bake Off and won through to Finalist. He now blogs regurlarly about food and dining, as The Cook’s Belly. Here he shares one of his current favourite – the duffin – a mixture of a doughnut and a muffin.
400g self-raising flour
1/2tsp of salt
1/2tsp baking powder
2 large eggs
1tsp vanilla extract?
140g melted butter
12tsps raspberry jam?
100g butter melted
- Preheat the oven?200c/180c fan/gas mark 4.
- Grease and flour a 12 holed muffin tin.
- Sift the flour, salt, sugar and baking powder in to a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix the buttermilk, eggs, and vanilla extract, give a quick whisk.
- Now make a well in the centre of the flour adding the buttermilk and melted butter.?
- Mix all in to a batter. Beware this batter is really thick which is great because it doesn’t allow the jam escape later on.
- In each muffin hole put about 1 dessertspoon of the batter, then pop 1 teaspoon jam in the middle and cover with more cake batter. Make sure no jam is visible.
- Bake for 20 mins, to test they are done lightly press on them and if they spring back they are done.
- Remove from the oven, allow 5 minute rest.
- Coat each duffin with butter and roll in caster sugar.
?Will de Korte @willdecortegibo
Don’t miss this year’s IMAGE Business Summit, with an expert line-up, skills masterclasses, keynote addresses and more.Back by popular demand,...
Not everyone was happy about the Duchess of Sussex getting involved in US politics. But her letter on behalf of...
Annie Gatling, now Colleran, knew Trinity College was for her when she saw Front Gate from the top storey of...
Your brain health is just as important as that of the rest of your body, says psychologist and neuroscientist Dr...
Sarah Harding has died at the age of just 39, her heartbroken mother revealed today. The Girls Aloud star had...
These days, going to a wedding is the equivalent of going on a short holiday in terms of cost. From...
This is a great way to get a juicy roast chicken, bursting with flavour. Bord Bia’s Spatchcock Chicken...