03rd Aug 2014
A Floral Backdrop for Crafty Brides
Are you feeling crafty dear brides? We show you how to DIY a sweet, floral ceremony backdrop.
What are you making?
A sweet and romantic scene-setter
What will you need?
A wide selection of blooms in your chosen colour scheme
Washi tape in two colours
Here?s the how-to
1. Use two strips of tape to mark out the space you’re decorating.
2. Trim your blooms to approximately 30cm each.
3. Using the lines as your guide, start from the bottom and use Washi tape to fix your bloom onto the wall.
4. Use a magazine or ruler to make sure the space between the rows stays even.
5. Alternate the Washi tape colours as you go along.
Photography: Nathalie Marquez Courtney nathalie.ie
Crafting: Nikki Doyle
Styling: Jennifer Stafford
Cakes by Kaleidoscope Bakery; Flowers by Daisy Lane; Paper from O?Sullivan Graphics; Washi tape from a selection at Daintree. With huge thanks to The Informal Florist for the use of her lovely studio.
The entitled backlash when someone tries to set their own boundaries is concerning, writes Amanda Cassidy “One particular friend just...
Wimbledon in 2021 and once again female athletes are singled out on the playing field, a great deal of the...
There’s a reason we love being reminded of things that happened in our past. Amanda Cassidy explores why our trips...
A Malaysian judge has overturned an inquest verdict of misadventure in the death of 15-year-old Nóra Quoirin, changing it to...
We’ve all heard that the royal family don’t exactly gather round to watch The Crown, but one member has shared...