15th May 2017
Happy Monday! Stick the kettle on there and sit down for a minute to catch up on the world.
1. Harry Styles’ covered Kanye’s Ultralight Beam at his first solo show and it was fabulous.
Harry Styles covering KANYE WEST at his first ever solo show! Ultralight Beam pic.twitter.com/rFvquupm85
? Howell Davies (@HOWELLDAVIES) May 13, 2017
2. These ridiculous lyrics are not even the most ridiculous Eurovision lyrics – check out this piece on 39 Of The Most WTF Eurovision Performances Of All Time. Never forget when Italy’s lyrics included the line: “I love parking inattentively.”
? Scott Bryan (@scottygb) May 9, 2017
3. The world’s bet-preserved armoured dinosaur was accidentally discovered in 2011. It’s 112 million years old and now on display at the Royal Tyrell Museum of Palaeontology.
?We don’t just have a skeleton, we have a dinosaur as it would have been.? The @RoyalTyrrell unveils the Nodosaur. https://www.travelalberta.com/ca/redirect/?utm_campaign=ca:+owned+display:+social&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=tweet&utm_term=link&utm_content=nat-geo-nodosaur-dino|drumheller|southern-alberta|canadian-badlands|Dinosaur+Adventure&ec=redirects&ea=content+view&el=http://www.nationalgeographic.com/magazine/2017/06/dinosaur-nodosaur-fossil-discovery/ pic.twitter.com/TlXYWX4xz3
? Travel Alberta (@TravelAlberta) May 12, 2017
4. Planet Earth II’s ?Snakes vs Iguanas Chase? won a BAFTA last night for ‘Virgin’s Must-See Moments’. You can watch it here.
? BBC One (@BBCOne) May 14, 2017
5. Please bear with me while I struggle to find a pun to fit here. If you beat me to it, comment below!
Everybody stop. Humanity has now peaked. pic.twitter.com/I8G9JmuLiv
? Kate (@KateOfHysteria) May 13, 2017
6. No YOU’RE crying.
Nicola Sturgeon: I have a ?girl job? – it’s called running the country https://inews.co.uk/news/politics/nicola-sturgeon-i-girl-job-called-running-country-65065 pic.twitter.com/F8aSq6Nf6y
? i newspaper (@theipaper) May 14, 2017
7. People are still very upset that the never ending Fair City storyline didn’t end last night.
Ciaran's box is up on daft, €1000 a month, ensuite. Strong lock, secure. Soundproof. Lovely area. #faircity
— Berks (@thegreatestberk) May 14, 2017
8. Our May cover star Imelda May (on shelves nationwide now!) was on Graham Norton at the weekend and everyone loved her.
CONSPIRACY THEORY: imelda may died & to prevent the country erupting into chaos rt? found a body double of her and launched it as a new look pic.twitter.com/BGGKOwKS1V
— kelly (@earley) May 14, 2017
9. George Osbourne’s look after his first week as editor of The Evening Standard is our Monday look every week.
— Mikey Smith (@mikeysmith) May 10, 2017
10. Mary Robinson, Caitlin Moran, Oprah, Patti Smith, Rosa Parks, Angela Merkel, Pussy Riot, Virginia Woolf, Michelle Obama, Lena Dunham and more appeared in a photo gallery honouring exceptional women during the opening night of U2’s The Joshua Tree Tour 2017.
MY GIRL MICHELLE OBAMA ON THE RIGHT pic.twitter.com/uY1fGaFSl4
— sofia misses u2 (@boyfdrums) May 15, 2017
That’s it! Happy Monday, go forth and conquer!
Actress Julianne Moore is tired of all the cliched tropes about female ageing. The way we speak about it; the...
There’s a reason we love being reminded of things that happened in our past. Amanda Cassidy explores why our trips...
We’ve all heard that the royal family don’t exactly gather round to watch The Crown, but one member has shared...
Following the utterly devastating trial of his wife Deirdre last week, Andrew McGinley spoke afterward of the love of his...
A life of wearing the wrong underwear had Sophie White’s knickers in a twist. She reports on the unexpected satisfaction...
This is a perfect lunch recipe, and the harissa does an incredible job of bringing the squash and chicken to...
Six great audiobooks to listen to in lockdown. It took me ages to come around to the idea of audiobooks....