Some people detest seasonal dressing. They flinch at the sight of cranberry knits and sturdy leggings that suggest one has seen a movie set in a ski resort. *coughs* CHALET GIRL *coughs* We are not those kind of people. We love party dressing. If you want to wear a tulle skirt and an Aran jumper, you damn well do. A sequin pencil dress that is beat onto you? It’s what the baby Jesus would have wanted. However, as much as we love Christmas Cracker hues, it is the arrival of mossy and forest green shades that make us take a deep breath and praise the buyers.
Forest green is a colour that looks good on everyone. Pale gals don’t have to worry about being washed out, swipe a touch of highlighter across those cheekbones and you’re effervescent in the best kind of way. Darker skin shades wearing this colour prove the maxim ‘you wear the dress, it doesn’t wear you’. It’s perfect. And readily available.</>
Check out the gallery and links below for a few suggestions…
- Embroidered V-Neck Dress, & Other Stories, €145
- Graphic Artwork Yarn Jumper, COS, €250
- Velvet Dress, & Other Stories, €145
- Weave-Detail Sweater, & Other Stories, €75
- Wrap Front Bodycon Dress, Topshop, €32
- Trench, Karen Millen, €450
- Drape Detail A-Line Top, COS, €89
- Full-Length Dress, Coast, €245.
- Skater Dress with Wrap front Detail, ASOS, €55.88
- Half Sleeve Turtle Neck, Penneys, €6