If you’re flummoxed by florals and polka dots send you dotty, can we recommend this season’s hottest stripes. Thick, thin, pencil, chevron, Breton, vertical, colour-blocked or monochrome – the new stripe is a maverick, a rule-breaker and the styling possibilities are endless. Stick to simple shapes and lean outlines but play with matching and clashing versions to get the most striking effect.
- An exciting Breton – now there’s a find. Kimono teeshirt, €17.95 @ zara.com
- A neat shorts suit is a one-way ticket to savvy city dressing. Shorts, €43.50 @ topshop.com
- Make monochrome stripes your new BF. Trousers, Y.A.S, €64.29 @ asos.com
- Mash up stripes and florals for a new way to work prints. Dress, €190 @ coast-stores.com
- So right for work with a sharp shirt. Culottes, €17 @ Penneys
- To wear with boyfriend jeans or your new skinny leather trousers. Jacket, €80 @ riverisland.com
- High impact, yet easy to wear. Every woman needs a statement skirt. Pencil skirt, €39.95 @ mango.com
- These beauties will add edge to feminine outfits and are also brilliant with minimal looks. Shoe, Nine West, €89 @ brownthomas.com
Browse all the items in the gallery above!