16th Apr 2018
Well, what a night that was.
The IMAGE Business of Beauty Awards 2018 may have drawn to a close but the celebrations are still ongoing. Ireland’s top beauty professionals donned their finest evening wear for our fifth annual event, in association with Boots, Cocoa Brown, LanaiBlo and Madison Makeup at the Clayton Hotel, Burlington Road.
The nominations for #IMAGEBOB18 were put to you in February, and boy did you vote in your droves. Half a million votes were recorded for your favourite hair stylists, nail technicians, tanning professionals and more. With just a handful of votes separating each category’s top three, we decided to recognise all gold, silver and bronze winners on the night.
Before we get to the winners, allow us to set the scene.
Given the exceptional quality of talent, the Business of Beauty awards are known as Ireland’s hair and beauty Oscars. Guests were treated to delicious cocktails by Tanqueray No TEN gin and Ciroc vodka, while others sipped on Marks and Spencer Rosé Cava.
The incredible RuPaul Ryder kicked off the night with a powerful performance of The Greatest Show on the colourful stage by Movement Events. Tables were decked out with stunning flower arrangements by Frog Prince, while huge pink balloons by Balloons For You lined the room. Guests posed for snaps on our red lips couch, courtesy of Prop Me Up Dublin, before taking selfies in front of a giant selfie mirror, courtesy of Gers Covers.
Then, over a scrumptious three-course dinner, a host of fabulous spot prizes were awarded to lucky guests. From a luxury holiday to Taylor Swift concert tickets, there was a lot for people to get their hands on. Then our dapper MC Darren Kennedy and IMAGE contributing editor Melanie Morris announced the winners to an eagerly awaiting crowd. Now, after an amazing (and rather rambunctious) night, we can happily reveal the winners.
And the winners are…
Beauty Entrepreneur of the Year
1. Suzanne Jackson, SOSU
2. Jennifer Rock, The Skin Nerd
3. Angie Dromgoole, Zeba
Best Aesthetic Clinic
2. Beacon Face & Dermatology
3. Kerry Hanaphy
Best Barber/Men’s Hairstylist
1. Suzanne Redmond, Sugar Daddy
2. Sam Donnelly, Sam’s Barbers
3. Paul Davey, Davey Davey
Best Beauty Influencer
1, Keilidh Cashell
2. Triona McCarthy
3. Tara O’Farrell Anderson
Best Beauty Salon
1. Vanity Rooms
2. Mimi’s Beauty Room
3. 5th Avenue Beauty Emporium
Best Beauty Therapist
1. Olga Kochlewska, Skin by Olga
2. Elaine Butler-Doolin, Bespoke Beauty
3. Elaine Byrne, Rejuvenate Advanced Skin Clinic, Naas
Best Bloody Brilliant Blow-dry
1. Aidan Darcy, Brown Sugar
2. Leah Cunningham, Peter Mark, Jervis Centre
3. Sarah Ethel, Dry & Fly
Best Brow Artist
1. Noella Geoghegan, The Brow Artist
2. Kim O’Sullivan, The Dublin Make-up Academy
3. Elaine McParland, Up To My Eyes
Best Eyelash Artist
1. Zanda Wait, Burgundy
2. Jennifer Mahon, The Brow
3. Tara McConnell, In Vogue
Best Front of House Experience
1. Burgundy Beauty
3. Brown Sugar
1. Laura Reid, Brown Sugar
2. Katherine Sweeney, Preen
3. Stephen Kelly, Zeba
Best Hair Colourist
1. Niamh O’Connor, Callan & Co
2. Aimee Penco, Sugar Cubed
3. Alex Reid, Alan Keville for Hair
Best Hair Salon
1. Brown Sugar
2. Zero One
3. Kopper, Cork
Best Make-up Artist
1. Paula Callan, Callan & Co
2. Aidan Corcoran, Brown Thomas
3. Eilis Downey, Brown Sugar
Best Nail Salon
1. Tropical Popical
2. 5th Avenue Nails
3. Michele Burke Nails
Best Nail Technician
1. Chloe Gilbert, Tropical Popical
2. Sabina Irasoc, Mink Hand & Foot Spa
3. Robyn McDonald, The Beauty Lounge
1. The Spa at The Shelbourne
2. ESPA at The Europe, Killarney
3. Thermal Village at Galgorm Resort & Spa
Best Tanning Professional
1. Emma Lawless, Burgundy Beauty
2. Lynn Byrne, Mimi’s Beauty Room
3. Danielle Walsh, Carter Beauty
Most Creative Talent In Hair
1. Roy Leigh, Brown Sugar
2. Ceira Lambert, Ceira Lambert
3. Anna O’Hanlon, Hession Hairdressing
Huge congratulations to all our winners and nominees! If you want to relive the best moments of last night, check out our rundown of the best tweets of the night!
Rubbish at doing your nails? Nail you nail art every time with nail stickers.
‘Everyone should use a topical retinol’ — dermatologist Dr Rosemary Coleman on the essential skincare routine
In 2018, the global skincare market was worth over €121...
Rosie Huntington-Whiteley opens up about her acne issues and what...