10th Mar 2019
Oh, what a night!
The IMAGE Business of Beauty Awards 2019 has just drawn to a close, and as expected, tonight’s event was better than ever. Since 6:30 pm this evening, beauty lovers from all over Ireland gathered at the Clayton Hotel, Burlington Road for a night of entertainment, food and prizes.
Related: The IMAGE Business of Beauty Awards 2019 — our best bits
Before we get to the winners, let’s reflect on the incredible night-that-was (or rather, the night that’s still ongoing, with the after-party kicking off in House, Leeson St as we speak).
Nicknamed Ireland’s ‘Beauty Oscars’, the Business of Beauty Awards is one of the biggest nights of the year. It’s an opportunity for the country’s top beauty professionals to let their hair down and celebrate their successes; and boy, do they do it in style.
This year’s ceremony, which was sponsored by INSTAX, Bare by Vogue, Flormar, Boots and Easilocks, saw guests don their finest evening wear and most glamorous looks. They mingled at a fancy cocktail reception, courtesy of Absolut Vodka, all the while playing Wheel of Fortune and snapping photos at our selfie mirror.
View this post on Instagram
Then, the incredible Hit Machine Drummers raised the roof; setting the exciting tone for what was to come. Throw in dance-offs and sing-offs, not to mention delicious wine from M&S Ireland, and the night quickly became one we’ll never forget.
Before we reveal the winners (as well as the runners-up), we’d like to thank Griffin & Grey and Movement Events for helping us to make #IMAGEbob19 the most memorable event yet.
View this post on Instagram
And the winners are…
Best Aesthetic Clinic
1. Renew Skin Clinic
3. Kerry Hanaphy
Best Beauty Salon
1. Burgundy Beauty
3. Skin by Olga
Best Beauty Therapist
1. Caroline Brennan, Eden Beauty
2. Michelle Lane, The Spa at Adare Manor
3. Ashleigh O’Connor, The Spa at Portmarnock Hotel & Golf Links
Best Bloody Brilliant Blow-dry
1. Hannah Carroll, Dylan Bradshaw
2. Yvonne Savage, Expose, Tralee
3. Jamie Corrigan, The Hive
Best Brow Artist
1. Aishling McGrath, The Brow Stylist, Limerick
2. Becky Foskin, The Brow Artist
3. Suzanne Hourigan, The Brow Boss
Best Eyelash Artist
1. Elaine McParland, Up To My Eyes
2. Sueann O’Leary, The Velvet Rooms, Limerick
3. Ciara Foley, Allure Beauty & Spa
BEST BEAUTY SALON ?? It never gets easier, it’s always push push push, but we are so so so thankful for the wins tonight we are extremely grateful for all of your daily consistent votes. I’m shocked, humbled, thank you ???? I have the best team in the whole of Ireland ???? #bestbeautysalon #bestfrontofhouse #imagebob19 #grateful #blessed
Best Front of House Experience
1. Burgundy Beauty
2. Brown Sugar
3. Mink Hand & Foot Spa
1. Dylan Bradshaw, Dylan Bradshaw
2. Sarah Mason, Sarah Mason Professional, Galway
3. Rebecca Fryday, Reeb, Cork
Best Hair Colourist
1. Aimee Penco, Brown Sugar
2. Aoife Bradley, Cats
3. Suzi Lee, Preen
Most Creative Talent In Hair
1. Katrina Kelly, Cut Social
2. Denise McLean, Pelo Hairdressing
3. Ceira Lambert, Ceira Lambert Hair
Best Hair Salon
1. Brown Sugar
2. Yourells Hair Group, Galway
Best Make-up Artist
1. Sarah-Kate McWilliams, Makeup Masters Clondalkin
2. Kirstie Murphy, Charlotte Tilbury, Brown Thomas Dublin
3. Judy Wong, Aviary Lane
Best Nail Salon
1. Tropical Popical
2. 5th Avenue Dublin
3. Genevieve Nail & Beauty
Best Nail Technician
1. Amie Pike, AP Fashion Nails & Beauty
2. Rebecca McParland, Tropical Popical
3. Sarah Gaynor, Sarah Gaynor Nails
1. Oceo Spa at Seafield Hotel
2. The Spa at Farnham Estate
3. The Spa at The Shelbourne
Best Tanning Professional
1. Paula Robinson, Clodagh’s, Blanchardstown
2. Olivia Foley, Allure Beauty & Spa
3. Caroline Gorman, Carter Beauty, Blackrock
Best Beauty Influencer
1. Tara Anderson, @tara_makeup
2. Karen Constantine, @lovelygirlybits
3. Triona McCarthy, @triona.ie
Beauty Entrepreneur of the Year
1. Marissa Carter, Cocoa Brown and Carter Beauty Cosmetics
2. Aimee Connolly, Sculpted by Aimee Connolly
3. Kim O’Sullivan, The Dublin Makeup Academy
More like this:
While our hair may be getting more rest than ever – from overstyling, heat and chemicals – we seem to...
Menopause. Sigh. No matter how you try to dress it up it, menopause is a word that’s possibly one of...
Glossier retinol is here.
Irish shoppers will soon be able to get their hands on Kylie Cosmetics without having to worry about the added...
Former Victoria’s Secret model and Instagram’s favourite it-girl, Elsa Hosk, shares her fashion and beauty must-haves with Sarah Finnan. My...
Ready to streamline your post-lockdown beauty routine in a minimal selection of hard-working beauty heavy-hitters? A lipstick-balm hybrid, powerful skincare...
The dermatologist guide to cleansing correctly, as apparently over half of us aren’t washing our faces properly.Do you remember, last...