10th Dec 2014
A good work(wo)man is nothing without their tools. Achieve the best results from your beauty regime with these nifty innovations – and Santa? If you’re reading, we’ll take one of everything; we’ve been awfully good this year.
1. Facial massage is one of the best and most effective anti-aging habits to acquire – do it often, and you’ll keep skin looking smoother and younger for longer. The Yuroll double-ended face roller does the hard work for you – hand-carved from pure jade, the larger end is for the face and neck while the small roller is ideal for use around the eyes and upper lip.
2. Not only does it feel ridiculously luxurious and soft, but sleeping on a silk pillow case is kinder to your skin than other fabrics – so can slow the onset of wrinkles and fine lines. Silk’s hypoallergenic and non-absorbent, too, so it won’t soak up your pricey potions as you sleep. Need more convincing? It also helps to keep hair frizz-free and smooth. We’re sold.
3. Gentle but incredibly thorough, the Clarisonic plus cleansing brush can be used on both face and body to clean skin six times better than manual methods. Used two to three times a week, this will leave you feeling smooth, fresh and squeaky clean all over.
4. It’s a step that many of us skip, and when you use a lash tool that crimps and pinches, it’s easy to see why. But curling your lashes with Shu Uemura’s lash curler is eye-opening in more ways than one. It’s fast, effortless and discomfort-free – and gives a lengthened, fluttery lash look that lasts all day.
5. They call the Instyler the blowdry in a box, and we couldn’t agree more. You can use it to straighten or style, but we love it best for the glossy and volumised finish it gives to our hair. It’s quick and easy – and as an added bonus? The rotating hot iron uses less heat than other hair tools, so it won’t fry your ‘do.
Emma Henderson @fluffyblog
Ready to have your skin looking like skin again? Meet the latest launches in body lotions, creams and oils.So you’ve...
People with dark hair, I feel your pain. Dyeing our mops usually isn’t an option, at least not without causing...