31st Oct 2014
There is nothing like a great red lip to boost your confidence, distract from grown-out roots or take you up a dress code. But finding ‘the one’ can be tricky, so here are our favourite picks.
1. The formula of Estee Lauder’s Pure Color Envy Sculpting Lipstick, €29, is unique: it’s lightweight and almost gel-like in consistency, but delivers creamy, full coverage colour in one swipe. Vengeful Red?is a juicy, blue-based crimson that will flatter most skin-tones. We’re hooked.
2. New from NARS, the Audacious lip line celebrates the brand’s 20th birthday, and is named for iconic beauties. Offering single-stroke, high impact coverage that’s easy and comfortable to wear, they come in no less than thirty killer shades. Lana (pictured, €30) is a vivid, warm, orangey red that is stunning on sallow complexions; on paler skin, the scarlet Rita looks divine.
3. There are three main points to note about the Collection Exclusive Pure Reds from L?Or?al Paris. The first is that it’s foolproof: each shade is named for one of their fabulous (and ethnically diverse) spokeswomen; just pick the one that’s closest to your colouring. Secondly, the affordable pricepoint of €11.99. And finally – and most importantly – the quality: it’s spot-on, and each of these is lovely.
4. Who says a red lip has to be serious? Get nostalgic for your school art class with the Bobbi Brown Art Stick in Harlow Red, €26; this chunky crayon acts as a lip-liner and lipstick in one – and is a whole lot of fun to apply.
5. For an iconic, true Hollywood red, we love Chanel Rouge Allure in Pirate, €32. This universally flattering shade leans cool, with a hint of tooth-flattering blue. Neither too bright nor too deep, Pirate strikes the perfect balance; it’s one to keep in the handbag for when an instant glam-over is required.
Emma Henderson @fluffyblog
Planning an at-home pedicure? Read this first. Salon pedicure pending,...
People message me every day to tell me not to...
An essential part of skin health, collagen does much more...
Shayna Sappington puts her facial muscles through their paces with face yoga expert Agnes Gajewska, and comes away feeling like a new woman.
Rosie Huntington-Whiteley opens up about her acne issues and what...