19th May 2015
From the prettiest ponytails to chic chignons, we do love a good red carpet do, and nowhere are they better than Cannes. Here are our top 10 favourites from the last few days and yourweekend hair inspo sorted.
1. Bar Rafaeli proves a messy ponytail can be super-sexy when worn with standout accesories. Add texture with some salt spray before fingercombing hair into a high pony. Minimal fuss, maximum impact.
2. What do you get when you cross a undone bun with some serious flyaways? The perfect supermodel style, modelled here by Douzten Kroes. Secure hair into a bun at the nape of the neck, before pulling strands from either side of the middle parting to frame the face perfectly. Twist these tendrils around your fingers to add a slightly curl before spritzing with spray to hold.
3. From the tips of her designer-clad toes to the top of her HUGE mushroom bun, Nupita N’yong’o can do no wrong on the red carpet – FACT. We love this updo made complete with a pretty headband. Sweep hair into a super-high bun before adding a donut and an accessory of your choice. We’re obsessed.
4. Karlie Kloss kills it on the red carpet with a style that reminds us a little of Jennifer Aniston’s Rachel cut back in the day. This is what happens when cut and colour coliide to create one stunning hairstyle. Talk to you hairdresser about going a couple of shades lighter for summer – we’re loving the caramel shades Karlie’s got going on.
5. So simple, so chic, Charlize Theron is the queen of Hollywood glam at Cannes. We LOVE this elegant style that’s easy to achieve. Simply create a low side-part before twisting the majority of your hair into a smooth chignon, leaving the fringe free. Backcomb it a little to create some height, before curling the end slightly and letting it fall to one side. Spritz with spray.
6. When it comes to boho chic, no one does it better than Sienna Miller. Her signature messy part and face-framing waves always look amazing, no matter what the event. To copy this style, add some mousse to damp hair before rough-drying it. Using a curling tongs, create waves before backcombing at the roots to create some body and height througout. Twist the hair into a bun at the back, leaving lots of trendrils around the sides of the face. The messier this is, the better.
7. Looking for a something a little more polished? Try these super-elegant braids Siennawore the following evening. Part hair in the middle before braiding each side all the way to the nape of the neck. Secure at the back with a little twist. Hot plus-one optional.
8. Eva Longoria channels her inner Brigitte Bardot with this 60s-inpired updo. Wavy, elegant, understated and sexy, this look is effortlessly chic with just the right amount of fancy. To achieve, backcomb hair throughout – this style is all about height at the crown – before twisting the majority into a messy chignon. Pull sections free to frame the face. Pout.
9. Another one who loves her braids is Poppy Delevingne and she opts for ‘the more, the merrier’ approach with this great boho style. Phone a friend (or your favourite hairdresser) for a helping hand with this look, which you can even create the night before and sleep on it to take that messy vibe to the next level.
10. Cate Blanchett lets her voluminous, strapless, Giles gown do all the talking and opts for a simple updo to complement it perfectly. We have two words for Cate: pure class.
There are oceans of beauty ideas, products and routines out...
Ready to have your skin looking like skin again? Meet...
In just eight seconds, hair is sealed with a glossy...
Will the future see us unifying elements of our humanity rather than the distinctions of gender?
Shayna Sappington puts her facial muscles through their paces with face yoga expert Agnes Gajewska, and comes away feeling like a new woman.