15th Aug 2020
During this pandemic, very few things keep us sane. Coffee is one of those things that, should we be without, madness will ensue. If you’re not venturing out as much as you usually would, don’t worry – you can still have great tasting coffee at home. And if you want a break from the norm, this Dalgona Coffee is perfect. It’s been trending on the internet over the last few weeks (no surprise) due to its simple method – and the fact that we have all the ingredients at home already. Award-winning food stylist Shilpa Razniewska of @Soulful_and_Healthy shares her recipe below
“This is a Korena coffee. So the whipped coffee texture goes on the top with milk at the bottom, somewhat like a cappuccino,” Shilpa explains.” Add ice cubes to make it a cold drink or can be enjoyed warm.”
What you need:
- 2 tbsp instant coffee powder
- 2 tbsp granulated white sugar
- 2 tbsp hot water
- 300 ml milk
- Ice cubes to serve (optional)
- Tall serving glass
- Add the coffee, sugar and water in a medium glass bowl, and using a hand blender, whisk the ingredients on medium-high speed for about 4 to 5 minutes until you have soft peaks. If you do not have a hand blender then you can use a wire whisk, but it takes a little more time and effort the manual way!
- In a tall glass, add the ice cubes, pour the milk and then using a spoon to scoop the whipped coffee mixture on top and serve right away.
A dilapidated Clifden townhouse in Co Galway is reconfigured for...
This June, a showcase of some of the most famous...
These crowd-pleasing recipes, from lobster rolls to side salads and...
Jennifer Hudson is set to channel one of her icons...
This Edwardian home has a converted attic, a detached garage and a large carefully tended garden to the rear.