During this pandemic, very few things keep us sane. Coffee is one of those things that, should we be without, madness will ensue. If you’re not venturing out as much as you usually would, don’t worry – you can still have great tasting coffee at home. And if you want a break from the norm, this Dalgona Coffee is perfect. It’s been trending on the internet over the last few weeks (no surprise) due to its simple method – and the fact that we have all the ingredients at home already. Award-winning food stylist Shilpa Razniewska of @Soulful_and_Healthy shares her recipe below
“This is a Korena coffee. So the whipped coffee texture goes on the top with milk at the bottom, somewhat like a cappuccino,” Shilpa explains.” Add ice cubes to make it a cold drink or can be enjoyed warm.”
What you need:
- 2 tbsp instant coffee powder
- 2 tbsp granulated white sugar
- 2 tbsp hot water
- 300 ml milk
- Ice cubes to serve (optional)
- Tall serving glass
- Add the coffee, sugar and water in a medium glass bowl, and using a hand blender, whisk the ingredients on medium-high speed for about 4 to 5 minutes until you have soft peaks. If you do not have a hand blender then you can use a wire whisk, but it takes a little more time and effort the manual way!
- In a tall glass, add the ice cubes, pour the milk and then using a spoon to scoop the whipped coffee mixture on top and serve right away.
Looking to move out of the city? There are plenty of gorgeous properties around the country, from period fixer-uppers to walk-in new builds.
Season 4 of The Crown covered a lot of ground...
Change up your weekend lunch plans with this Danish classic: Crispy herring and rémoulade.
Part of our Kerrygold Christmas recipe series, this festive cake...
Located in the rolling hills of Wicklow, Coollattin House has...
Give your home more room by making use of your walls with these chic and functional wall-mounted accessories.
We all have that one movie or novel that makes...