Believe it or not, these chicken quesadillas are super healthy and delicious. Use leftover chicken for a quick and colourful Monday night family feast.
Chicken Quesadillas and Salad
3 tsp rapeseed oil
250g chicken breast, cut into strips
2 wholewheat wraps
3 tsp orange marmalade
4 tbsp kidney beans
2 roasted peppers (from a jar is fine)
2 tbsp chopped or 1 tbsp dried coriander
pinch of salt
dash of hot sauce (optional)
30g natural yoghurt (3% fat)
For the side salad
50g salad leaves
1/2 cucumber, sliced
2 tomatoes, sliced
- Heat 2 tsp of oil in a pan on a medium to high heat. Add the chicken strips and sauté until cooked through, or use leftover roast chicken. Remove the chicken and set aside.
- Heat 1 tsp of oil in the same pan, on a medium heat, and add a wholewheat wrap and heat through.
- Spread orange marmalade on the wholewheat wrap in the pan, followed by the chicken, kidney beans, roasted peppers, coriander and pinch of salt to season.
- Top with another wholewheat wrap. Cook for 2-3 minutes until the bottom wrap is golden. To toast the top wrap, place under a grill on medium heat.
- Serve with the natural yoghurt and a side salad.
Extracted from The Plan: Eat Well, Lose Weight, Transform Your Life by Aoife Hearne (Gill Books), out now.
Header image via Pexels.