Believe it or not, these chicken quesadillas are super healthy and delicious. Use leftover chicken for a quick and colourful Friday night family feast.
Chicken quesadillas and salad
- 3 tsp rapeseed oil
- 250g chicken breast, cut into strips
- 2 wholewheat wraps
- 3 tsp orange marmalade
- 4 tbsp kidney beans
2 roasted peppers (from a jar is fine)
- 2 tbsp chopped or 1 tbsp dried coriander
- pinch of salt
- dash of hot sauce (optional)
- 30g natural yoghurt (3% fat)
For the side salad
- 50g salad leaves
- 1/2 cucumber, sliced
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- Heat 2 tsp of oil in a pan on a medium to high heat. Add the chicken strips and sauté until cooked through, or use leftover roast chicken. Remove the chicken and set aside.
- Heat 1 tsp of oil in the same pan, on a medium heat, and add a wholewheat wrap and heat through.
- Spread orange marmalade on the wholewheat wrap in the pan, followed by the chicken, kidney beans, roasted peppers, coriander and pinch of salt to season.
- Top with another wholewheat wrap. Cook for 2-3 minutes until the bottom wrap is golden. To toast the top wrap, place under a grill on medium heat.
- Serve with the natural yoghurt and a side salad.
Extracted from The Plan: Eat Well, Lose Weight, Transform Your Life by Aoife Hearne (Gill Books).
Header image via Pexels.