Already dreading the Christmas comedown? There are plenty of bargains to be had in five star hotels around Ireland for a weekend away
I know, I know, it's barely even Christmas and we're already talking about the January blues. But the post-Christmas slump is a real problem for many of us; with the manic excitement of Christmas coming to a sudden stop come January 2 when we head back to work, it can be hard to readjust and get your head straight. You already begin planning your next means of escape - hopefully in the form of a weekend away from it all.
Luckily, Feel Good Contacts have already gone way ahead of us, and compiled a list of the cheapest five star getaways in Ireland for a particular weekend in January that we'll all want to get away for - Friday 24 January to Sunday 26 January 2020; the weekend following Blue Monday, statistically claimed to be the most depressing day of the year. While the weekend typically precedes payday (and we all know how long January can be in that regard), it's still a worthy investment if you can spare the cash next month.
The average cost of a five star weekend (two nights) in Ireland at that time is €487.11, with the top twenty ranging from €322.46 to €490.71.
Tempted? Here's the full list of hotels with prices.
- Radisson Blu St. Helen's Hotel, Dublin - €322.46
- Fota Island Resort, Co. Cork - €350.51
- The K Club, Co. Kildare - €390.23
- The Fitzwilliam, Dublin - €407.75
- Glenlo Abbey Hotel, Co. Galway - €408.92
- Hotel Castlemartyr Resort, Co. Cork - €412.43
- InterContinental Dublin - €415.93
- Hotel Lyrath Estate, Co. Kilkenny - €420.61
- Druids Glen Hotel & Golf Resort, Co. Wicklow - €420.61
- Tankardstown House, Co. Meath - €420.61
- Aghadoe Heights Hotel & Spa, Co. Kerry - €421.77
- The Shelbourne Dublin €424.11
- The Merchant House, Dublin - €428.78
- The Westin Dublin - €449.81
- Dylan Hotel Dublin -€466.17
- Lough Eske Castle Hotel & Spa, Co. Donegal - €468.51
- The g Hotel & Spa, Co. Galway - €474.35
- Conrad Dublin - €479.02
- The Westbury Hotel, Dublin - €490.71
Featured image: Lough Eske Castle Hotel & Spa, via Booking.com
Read more: The ultimate guide of new books to gift at Christmas
Read more: Budapest: The new foodie capital every restaurant-lover should visit
Read more: What I Spend on Christmas: The 42-year-old trainee yoga teacher earning €40k who is spending €250 on her partner