What a night!
The IMAGE Businesswoman of the Year Awards 2018 are over for another year, but we’re still reeling from what was such a special night for female changemakers. Ireland’s top businesswomen donned their finery for our twelfth annual event, in association with Liffey Valley, BMW, Samsung, Boot’s No7, Kuehne + Nagel, Irish Life Health, Cairn Homes and Virgin Business at the Clayton Hotel, Burlington Road.
With over 400 entries, the competition this year was fiercer than ever, and our judges discussed, debated, and even argued their way through the nominees to settle on an exclusive shortlist. We had eight categories, with over 80 nominees; all inspirational, talented businesswomen and we were so happy to honour this incredible group. But there could only be one winner in each category, and we are so happy to finally reveal the incredible women who won. Congratulations to all our winners and to the wonderful runners-up. These are your IMAGE Businesswomen of the Year…
Related: A defiant, dazzling and gracious evening for Irish women
And the winners are…
Lifetime Achievement Award
Anne Harris, journalist and former editor of the Sunday Independent
Entrepreneur of the Year – Sponsored by No7
Sonia Deasy, Co-founder and CEO, Pestle & Mortar
- Lorraine Heskin, Owner and Managing Director, Gourmet Food Parlour
- Mairead Mackle, Founder and CEO, Homecare Independent Living Enterprises
Management Professional of the Year – Sponsored by Irish Life Health
Gemma Teeling, Deputy Managing Director, PHD Ireland
- Lisa Dillon, General Manager, EMEA Digital Sales, Microsoft Ireland
- Dara Deering, Executive Director, Retail Banking, KBC Bank Ireland
Start-up of the Year – Sponsored by Samsung
Jennifer Rock, CEO and Founder, The Skin Nerd Ltd
- Aimée Madden, CEO and Founder, CliniShift
- Kim O’Sullivan, Director, The Dublin Makeup Academy
Young Businesswoman of the Year – Sponsored by Liffey Valley
Helena Ryan, Director and Co-Founder, WellFest
- Kate Verling, Managing Director, Mink Hand & Foot Spa
- Lisa Quinlan, Owner/Director, The Rolling Donut and Wildflower Café Ratoath
CEO of the Year – Sponsored by Kuehne + Nagel
Breda Quigley, Managing Director, The Q Café Company
- Monica Matellano, Director, Eirespan Distribution Limited
- Aisling Keegan, Vice President and General Manager, Dell EMC Ireland
Social Entrepreneur of the Year – Sponsored by Virgin Media Business
Liz Waters, CEO, An Cosán VCC
- Judith Gilsenan, Head of Fundraising and Marketing , Debra Ireland
- Mary Doherty, President, Down Syndrome Ireland
Digital and Technology Businesswoman of the Year – Sponsored by BMW
Jennifer Taaffe, CEO, iZest Marketing Group
- Anna O’Hare, Director of Content, Web Summit
- Sheena Bailey, CEO, and Louella Morton, Executive Director, TestReach
Creative Businesswoman of the Year – Sponsored by Cairn Homes
Fiona Heaney, Owner, Founder and Designer, Fee G
- Zoe Rocha, Executive Producer, LittleRock Pictures
- Niamh de Barra, Creative Director, The Interiors Project
Newstalk Advertising Campaign Award, Sponsored by Newstalk
Sonia Deasy Co-founder and CEO, Pestle & Mortar
Overall Businesswoman of the Year Award
Nora Twomey, Co-founder and Director, Cartoon Saloon
It goes without saying that most of us have had...
Time these days is a contradiction. Slow-moving, yet somehow passing...
These days, it’s easier than ever to give something back....
For a lift, reminding us of simpler times, and that...
This year, in particular, we are feeling the strain of...
With diversity on the rise, what struggles do interracial couples continue to face today? Filomena Kaguako speaks to three couples about their experiences.
If you find yourself suffering with symptoms like cramping, sore...