Hosting a royal wedding viewing party today? This drinking game will add to the fun
19th May 2018
Today’s the day! After all the hype and the hysteria, all the scandals and speculations, Prince Harry is marrying Meghan Markle in a royal wedding that’s sure to go down in history.
Frankly, one cannot contain one’s excitement.
If you have invited a gang over to watch the wedding and dissect all the details then allow us to be so bold as to suggest adding an extra element of fun to the occasion. Our suggestion? The inclusion of a specially-curated Royal Wedding Drinking Game, ideal for the poshest of Pimms/ prosecco-drinkers alike!
So fill your glasses up, sit your bottoms down, and start educating your guests on the rules and regulations of this merriest of games. Feel free to adapt the forfeits to your group’s preferences.
- One must hold their pinky finger up in the air every time one consumes a beverage
- All attendees must curtsey before entering or leaving the room (even when one feels the urge to utilise the lavatory)
- All attendees shall be addressed by Sir or Madam for the duration of the ceremony
- All in attendance must consume a beverage every time the word “fairytale” is said by a commentator
- All attendees must shout “Good Charlotte!” every time Princess Charlotte appears on screen, and “Oi Charlie!” whenever Prince Charles comes on screen. Those who fail to do so must consume a beverage
- The host must have party poppers at the ready and distribute them so that their guests may release them at the very moment when Harry and Meghan kiss, upon being pronounced “man and wife”
- Clink the glass of the person next to you when a homage is paid to HRH Princess Diana
Place your bets…
- How long shall it take for Meghan to get from her car to the top of the aisle?
- What will Meghan’s dress be like?
- Which guest shall be the best/ worst-dressed?
(The person with the most incorrect answer must consume a beverage)
Bonus points for the first person who spots…
- Kate Middleton shushing Prince George or Princess Charlotte.
- A Spice Girl.
- Prince Philip falling asleep.
No other European country is having the same public order challenges our capital city is experiencing, writes Amanda Cassidy I...
This is a perfect lunch recipe, and the harissa does an incredible job of bringing the squash and chicken to...
With Father’s Day just around the corner (this Sunday 20h June, so yes, you do have time to buy yours...
It may be the most unifying show on television, but shows like Love Island are promoting some pretty damaging messages....
Do you find yourself talking about how busy and stressed you are? With stress, the words we speak are like...
A life of wearing the wrong underwear had Sophie White’s knickers in a twist. She reports on the unexpected satisfaction...
Who is demanding the fetishization of young girls anyway?”When I was working in my early twenties, and even my late...