Looking for a retreat from the mayhem of town this weekend? The Dylan at Christmas is perfect
The Dylan’s new Christmas packages for shoppers in need of a cocktail and some luxury are perfect for these next few weeks in Dublin
Whether you’re planning the last Christmas present run this weekend or already plotting your strategy for the January sales, there’s nothing like settling down to a beautiful room and a relaxing cocktail after all the madness is done.
The Dylan Hotel, Dublin’s leading five-star boutique hotel located just off Baggot Street, knows just what tired shoppers need at this time of year, and their latest partnership has us adding it to our Christmas list.
The city hotel has teamed up with the city’s premier shopping destination, Brown Thomas, to offer a special shopping package this festive season. Available from now until January 31, 2020, the package includes an overnight stay in one of the hotel’s deluxe rooms, a bottle of complimentary prosecco, breakfast in The Eddison restaurant, and a personal shopping experience in Brown Thomas for €229 pp, complete with a complimentary scented Rathborne candle available from Brown Thomas during your stay.
Imagine the day you could have in Dublin’s city centre, with a personal shopping experience in Brown Thomas, where their expert team will source a new wardrobe that’s entirely tailored to your taste and style, before retreating to the opulent Dylan, for a delicious three-course festive evening menu.
And after dinner? The night doesn’t end there. Finish off the festivities with a cocktail in the Dylan’s own cocktail bar, the Ruby Room. Their new menu for the Christmas season looks gorgeous, and we can’t wait to try out some of the new creations, which include:
- A Zenzerro Negroni, served in an Old Fashioned glass over a large ice cube with ginger and orange garnish, made with Gunpowder Gin meets Martini Roso and Aperol.
- The Pear Tree with pear Absolut Vodka, St. Germain liqueur and lemon juice, and served in a coupe glass with lemon peel.
- The Apple and Cinnamon Crumble, served in a whiskey glass filled with Zubrowka (a Polish vodka which contains a bison grass blade in every bottle), Goldshlager, vanilla, honey and lime juice, with a beautiful slice of dried apple and a cookie crumble garnish on the rim.
- The Chocolate and Orange Xmas Martini, with Baileys, Cointreau, Frangelico and chocolate bitters, with a chocolate syrup and chocolate shavings to garnish.
- The Chai Rum Manhattan with Chai Rum is combined with Luxardo apricot liqueur from Italy, and Angostura Bitters with an orange peel garnish.
The Dylan also offers a number of traditional cocktails with a twist including
- The Dylan Christmas Coffee using Teeling’s Whiskey, Guinness syrup, a double Americano and topped with vanilla cream
- Christmas Old Fashioned, with Woodford Reserve and Whiskey and cherry bitters poured into an Old Fashioned glass over a large ice cube, dried oranges and a fresh orange and cherry muddle.
- The Cognac and Port Julep is a wonderful seasonal take on the traditional Mint Julep, as Martell VS and Ruby Port is served over muddled blackberries with a blackberry garnish.
What I Spend at Christmas: The 37-year-old digital marketer earning €25k who isn’t buying presents for her siblings
Christmas cost the average Irish family €2,700 over the festive...
It goes without saying that most of us have had...
These days, it’s easier than ever to give something back....
It’s the centre of any space it’s in, whether it’s...
‘Nobody is forcing us to replace all our dinner plates with firtree and silver versions with matching tea-towels’
I get it. Christmas is a list-fiesta, the to-do Olympics;...
All binge-worthy watches… Connected In Netflix’s new documentary series Connected,...
Ring in the New Year (and bid a welcome adieu...
If you find yourself suffering with symptoms like cramping, sore...