09th Nov 2018
Tailoring still has a masculine cut, but boyish trouser suits are belted this season for an unapologetically feminine silhouette. Wide or skinny, knotted or buckled, choose a belt that creates a stark contrast with your blazer for a really individual look. Take the opportunity, too, to add texture to your workwear with a suede, patent or (subtly) embellished belt.
Expert Advice: Michelle Curtin, personal shopper at Brown Thomas
Michelle Curtin, personal shopper at Brown Thomas
1. If you are thinking of embracing a suit for winter, try Stella McCartney, Dolce & Gabbana, Dior, Hugo Boss, Theory, Victoria Victoria Beckham, or Sandro. If your work style is more relaxed, I would look to Ganni, Rixo, Isabel Marant and The Kooples.
2. Rich tones of caramel and toffee are a great alternative to winter’s perennial favourite – black. If you want to wear tan but fear being washed out, I’d recommend that old trick of adding colour close to your face with a beautiful scarf in a complementary shade.
3. Animal print is a huge trend this season and is the perfect injection of pattern to an otherwise neutral palette. A pop of pattern from a killer heel or clutch bag is also a good way to break up neutrals.
4. An impeccably tailored blazer that complements your shape is a must for every working woman. My favourite this season is Balmain.
5. A beautiful leather bag can pull together any look. Go crossbody and try Tom Ford’s Jennifer bag or the Saint Laurent Loulou.
Suede belt with studs and rhinestones, €115 at Maje, rhinestone waist belt, €39 at & Other Stories, rattan and faux leather belt, Cult Gaia, €155 at net-a-porter.com, leopard print double ring belt, €17 at River Island, studded leather belt, €29 at Warehouse
This article originally appeared in the October issue of IMAGE Magazine.
‘Femertising’ is big business. Brands are increasingly taking advantage of...
For Mother's Day Lia Hynes sits down with Rosanna Davidson, whose exceptional journey into motherhood has given many hope.
Painting kitchen cabinets can be transformative and can be achieved relatively low-cost,...
We are used to celebrities oversharing their lives. But sharing...
I fear the true fallout of Covid on our cities...