‘Watching the Christmas shopping rush, it’s easy to feel like if you aren’t spoiling your kids, you’re doing it wrong’
‘Watching the Christmas shopping rush, it’s easy to feel like if you aren’t spoiling your...

Amanda Cassidy

WIN a magnum bottle of Moët Brut Impérial champagne and four gold goblets
WIN a magnum bottle of Moët Brut Impérial champagne and four gold goblets

IMAGE

Unhappiest at age 47? These women beg to differ
Unhappiest at age 47? These women beg to differ

Amanda Cassidy

Grief at Christmas: ‘Sadness is more accentuated this time of year’
Grief at Christmas: ‘Sadness is more accentuated this time of year’

Niamh Ennis

A cranberry and pistachio fudge recipe to get you ready for Christmas
A cranberry and pistachio fudge recipe to get you ready for Christmas

Holly O'Neill

7 Irish beauty buys that will have make-up lovers swoon
7 Irish beauty buys that will have make-up lovers swoon

IMAGE

What I Spend at Christmas: The 37-year-old digital marketer earning €25k who isn’t buying presents for her siblings
What I Spend at Christmas: The 37-year-old digital marketer earning €25k who isn’t buying presents...

IMAGE

Christmas jumpers you’ll want to wear year-round, not just for one night
Christmas jumpers you’ll want to wear year-round, not just for one night

Holly O'Neill

Dakota Johnson gave Olivia Colman her first tattoo and we’re going to need more details
Dakota Johnson gave Olivia Colman her first tattoo and we’re going to need more details

Sarah Finnan

4 turnkey-ready family homes in Dublin, Cork, Galway & Donegal for less than €300k
4 turnkey-ready family homes in Dublin, Cork, Galway & Donegal for less than €300k

Lauren Heskin

Image / Editorial

Don’t Sleep With Your Phone!


By Jeanne Sutton
29th Jul 2014
Don’t Sleep With Your Phone!

clueless

One girl learned this lesson the terrifying way…

Do you sleep with your phone under you pillow? This news story is going to make you rethink that life choice. 13 year-old Ariel Tolfree fell asleep with her Samsung Galaxy S4 under her pillow only to awake in the middle of the night to the smell of burning. Brief confusion and an attempt to go back to sleep followed. Then the Texan teen’s phone caught fire. Ariel’s phone was damaged beyond all repair, melted into an unrecognisable lump, and her mattress scorched. Apparently her phone battery overheated after the pillow restricted airflow. Samsung claim the small fire was Ariel’s fault and advise against keeping you phone away from under the covers in their user guide. The company has agreed however to replace Ariel’s bedding.

Another factor leading to the phone flaming up was that the battery was a replacement one, and not an official Samsung unit. Regardlees, we think you should give your phone some space/less love tonight.

Jeanne Sutton @jeannedesutun