Try these melt-in-your-mouth Lily O’Brien’s 40% Mega Milk chocolate and hazelnut thumbprint cookies
24th Oct 2019
With Halloween falling at the end of the month, October is the ideal time to treat yourself to some scrumptious chocolate. Try these melt-in-your-mouth cookies from Lily O’Brien’s.
These mouthwateringly delicious cookies are just what are needed after a long working week.
Easy peasy to bake, they give us all the warm feelings of autumn. Ideal with a cup of coffee, the cookies combine the nutty taste of hazelnut with the creamy, velvety taste of Lily O’Brien’s 40% Mega Milk chocolate, to make them an irresistible delight this season.
180g hazelnuts or ground almonds (toasted)
100g plain flour
90g buckwheat flour
50g golden caster sugar
180g unsalted butter
Pinch of flaked sea salt
2 40% Mega Milk Chocolate Share Bags
50g white chocolate (to decorate)
1. Line 2 large baking trays with baking parchment
2. Tip the hazelnuts into the bowl of a food processor and pulse until finely chopped or use ground almonds instead
3. Add the flours, sugar and a pinch of flaked sea salt and process for 20-30 seconds until fully combined
4. Add the butter and pulse until the mixture just starts to come together
5. Tip the dough out onto a work surface and knead by hand until smooth
6. Roll the dough into 24 small balls, then transfer to the prepared baking tray
7. Using your thumb or the handle of a wooden spoon, make an indent in the centre of each piece of dough. Don’t flatten the cookie as it will spread
8. Put the tray in the fridge and chill for 30 minutes before baking (or 10 minutes in the freezer)
9. Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas mark 4
10. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes
11. Remove from oven and put one 40% Mega Milk disc in each thumb print of the cookies
12. Return to the oven for 5 minutes until chocolate has melted slightly and the cookies are golden
13. Remove from oven, put aside and let cool on the baking trays until set.
14. Melt your white chocolate and drizzle of the top before tucking in
Lily O’Brien’s 40% Mega Milk chocolates are available in the latest range of premium re-sealable Lily O’Brien’s Share Bags for just €2.99.
The intense, milk chocolate hit with 40% cocoa creates the ultimate indulgent chocolate experience for savouring or sharing with others. With all the comfort of a creamy milk chocolate, Lily O’Brien’s 40% Mega Milk chocolates are the perfect option for chocolate devotees who love the classics but also enjoy that extra cocoa kick.
Shop the entire Lily O’Brien’s range online at lilyobriens.ie or at key retailers nationwide.
Ring in the New Year (and bid a welcome adieu...
‘Eclipsed’ director Kate Canning told Jennifer McShane of the challenges...
Failure is a natural element of the cycle of life....
‘Watching the Christmas shopping rush, it’s easy to feel like if you aren’t spoiling your kids, you’re doing it wrong’
I will not get caught up in the Christmas drama....
With diversity on the rise, what struggles do interracial couples continue to face today? Filomena Kaguako speaks to three couples about their experiences.
For a lift, reminding us of simpler times, and that...
‘People were too busy ordering bottles of brandy or finding out who had the cocaine’: Graham Norton on the Christmases he’d much rather forget
Chatshow host Graham Norton worked as a waiter when he...