These blueberry,basil and goat’s cheese bites are the perfect warm-weather snack for the weekend
13th May 2020
The weather is set to pick up this weekend, and tasty, fresh snacks throughout the day is all we’re thinking about.
Perfectly ripe, in-season berries are one of spring’s treasures and are plentiful this time of year. This delicious recipe from Siúcra combines fresh blueberries with creamy goat’s cheese and a hint of basil for a taste sensation that is bursting with juicy flavour and the perfect picnic snack.
Ingredients (makes 12)
- 300g blueberries
- Handful of fresh basil leaves, torn
- 50g goat’s cheese
- 2 tsp Siúcra Caster Sugar
- 200g flour
- 100g butter, cold and cubed
- 1 tbsp Siúcra Caster Sugar
- 50ml cold water
- 1 egg, beaten
- Combine blueberries with fresh basil, goat’s cheese and sugar in a bowl.
- Mash the blueberries with a spoon or fork and mix all the ingredients together.
- Put the flour in a bowl and add the cubes of butter.
- Use your fingertips to rub the butter into the flour until you have a mixture that resembles coarse breadcrumbs with no large lumps of butter remaining.
- Stir in the cold water to bind the dough together.
- Wrap the dough in clingfilm and chill for 10-15 minutes before using.
- Dust the work surface and a rolling pin lightly with flour and roll out the pastry.
- Cut into circular shapes using a pastry cutter.
- Place on a lined baking tray and fill the centre of the circles with a spoonful of the filling.
- Fold over and seal with a fork.
- Brush with the beaten egg and sprinkle with caster sugar for a golden and crunchy finish.
- Cook in a pre-heated oven at 180°C for approx. 15 minutes.
Sarah Harding has died at the age of just 39, her heartbroken mother revealed today. The Girls Aloud star had...
This is a great way to get a juicy roast chicken, bursting with flavour. Bord Bia’s Spatchcock Chicken...
Your brain health is just as important as that of the rest of your body, says psychologist and neuroscientist Dr...
Hiking a mountain and breast pumping – now, that’s what we call multitasking at its finest. Mandy Moore enjoyed an...
“I was confused. Hadn’t I just been told this was a perfect time to be pregnant?” she questioned. Actress Cortney...
Despite some media coverage, the beds are actually focused on sustainability as opposed to intimacy restrictions. Recently, distance runner Paul...
Don’t miss this year’s IMAGE Business Summit, with an expert line-up, skills masterclasses, keynote addresses and more.Back by popular demand,...