13 hard-working homeware heroes?
So the industrial trend has been done – and done again. Yet, unlike many more fickle interiors fads, it still shows no signs of fading. Instead it has cleverly matured and reinvented itself time and time again, most recently by teaming up with stripped-back whites, graphic monochromes and nude honey timber to bring an edge of Scandinavian simplicity into play. No longer does industrial inspiration mean dirty battered metals and chunky fittings; these days the look expresses itself with’simplified forms and copper pipes – think open-plan loft apartments, utilitarian glass vessels and exposed materials, with the trend’s classic grey coming through in lighter textiles and concrete accessories.
Above: Hemp cushion from Folklore
Taking inspiration from the Alsace house shoot in our new issue, we show how it’s possible to update the industrial look and to create an atmosphere of light and space, with injections of colour in the form of selected neon and pastel shades.
1. Silver work lamp designed by Form Us With Love, around €176, Royal Design.
2. Round & Round table by Max Lamb, €385, Makers & Brothers.
3. White porcelain tin can, €35.40, Folklore.
4. Copper-finish aluminium ?S? hook, €1.95, Article.
5. Monochrome hemp cushion, €88.50, Folklore.
6. Cousu de Fil Blanc Soap, €12.50, Industry.
7. Delta stainless-steel, beech and horse-hair dustpan and brush set, €28, Article.
8. Nicolle chair, €230.10, Folklore.
9. Dough scraper by Helen James, €2.50, Dunnes Stores.
10. Signal S1333 table lamp, €319, Finnish Design Shop.
11. Japanese white enamel teapot, around €70, Labour & Wait.
12. Black and white masking tape, €15.07, Bodie and Fou.
13. White wire bin, €54.90, Finnish Design Shop.
Here’s a caffeine-fuelled kickstart into the industrial aesthetic. The cool colours of these coffee accessories fit this trend perfectly.
Sheenagh Green for @Image_Interiors
‘Eclipsed’ director Kate Canning told Jennifer McShane of the challenges...
For a lift, reminding us of simpler times, and that...
Less may be more when it comes to cosmetic enhancements,...
No festive spread is complete without a traditional Christmas trifle...
If you find yourself suffering with symptoms like cramping, sore...
With so many brilliant books out in 2020, there’s every...
Death is a natural part of life, yet there’s no...