04th Nov 2014
13 hard-working homeware heroes?
So the industrial trend has been done – and done again. Yet, unlike many more fickle interiors fads, it still shows no signs of fading. Instead it has cleverly matured and reinvented itself time and time again, most recently by teaming up with stripped-back whites, graphic monochromes and nude honey timber to bring an edge of Scandinavian simplicity into play. No longer does industrial inspiration mean dirty battered metals and chunky fittings; these days the look expresses itself with’simplified forms and copper pipes – think open-plan loft apartments, utilitarian glass vessels and exposed materials, with the trend’s classic grey coming through in lighter textiles and concrete accessories.
Above: Hemp cushion from Folklore
Taking inspiration from the Alsace house shoot in our new issue, we show how it’s possible to update the industrial look and to create an atmosphere of light and space, with injections of colour in the form of selected neon and pastel shades.
1. Silver work lamp designed by Form Us With Love, around €176, Royal Design.
2. Round & Round table by Max Lamb, €385, Makers & Brothers.
3. White porcelain tin can, €35.40, Folklore.
4. Copper-finish aluminium ?S? hook, €1.95, Article.
5. Monochrome hemp cushion, €88.50, Folklore.
6. Cousu de Fil Blanc Soap, €12.50, Industry.
7. Delta stainless-steel, beech and horse-hair dustpan and brush set, €28, Article.
8. Nicolle chair, €230.10, Folklore.
9. Dough scraper by Helen James, €2.50, Dunnes Stores.
10. Signal S1333 table lamp, €319, Finnish Design Shop.
11. Japanese white enamel teapot, around €70, Labour & Wait.
12. Black and white masking tape, €15.07, Bodie and Fou.
13. White wire bin, €54.90, Finnish Design Shop.
Here’s a caffeine-fuelled kickstart into the industrial aesthetic. The cool colours of these coffee accessories fit this trend perfectly.
Sheenagh Green for @Image_Interiors
Hiking a mountain and breast pumping – now, that’s what we call multitasking at its finest. Mandy Moore enjoyed an...
Who is demanding the fetishization of young girls anyway?”When I was working in my early twenties, and even my late...
Your brain health is just as important as that of the rest of your body, says psychologist and neuroscientist Dr...
Sarah Harding has died at the age of just 39, her heartbroken mother revealed today. The Girls Aloud star had...
This is a great way to get a juicy roast chicken, bursting with flavour. Bord Bia’s Spatchcock Chicken...
Don’t miss this year’s IMAGE Business Summit, with an expert line-up, skills masterclasses, keynote addresses and more.Back by popular demand,...
Annie Gatling, now Colleran, knew Trinity College was for her when she saw Front Gate from the top storey of...