08th May 2015
We’ve gathered some serious space-saving solutions to get your kitchen looking spick and span! From wall-space maximisers to chic shelving and pantry ideas galore, we’ve thought of every angle, so scroll down to explore?
Image: VT Wonen
1. Put piping to good use. If you’ve got nice copper piping, why not draw attention to it while saving space at the same time?
The traditional Tipperary bungalow/creative retreat of writer Erica Van Horn and artist Simon Cutts. Image: Mark Scott
2. Choose shallow shelving to declutter your worktop. Don’t think you have the depth for a shelf? Well, maybe you do! Be sure to keep your nicest wear out and proud; colour co-ordination makes all the difference.
Image: From the Kitchen
3. Show off those chopping boards. Try tying ropes or ribbons to the handles to make them easier to hang.
The refurbished Dublin home of Siobhan Lam, owner of online interiors emporium April and the Bear. Image: Mark Scott
4. Make your kitchen look sharp. Knife racks are a great way to save space, so magnetise to maximise!
Image: Little Birdie
5. Let it all hang out. Why not hang pots, pans and aprons in the dining area? If your cooking space is all cluttered up, decorate your dining room with the overflow.
The Cork farmhouse of foodie royalty Rory O’Connell. Image: Mark Scott
6. Try pot luck. Don’t limit your pot stand to just pots! Think outside the box and add baskets of veg, bowls and utensils.
Image: The Kitchn
7. Create colourful fruit storage displays. Swap out the flowers for fruit and bring the hanging baskets indoors for a nifty way to make more room on your counter.
The Dublin apartment of Jen O’Dwyer, of JOD Clothing. Image: Al Higgins
8. Get hooked on clever space-saving schemes. This is one well-thought-out system for storage. Metal rack shelves are both hygienic and smart space savers when teamed with S-shaped hooks to utilise the area below.
Image: The Countryphiles
9. The perfect solution: a pantry. A pantry, or larder, is the ideal way to keep the clutter off your surfaces, so if you have a broom closet or press housing unnecessary household clutter, put it to better use and store food and kitchen utensils in it. Then shut the door!
Not everyone was happy about the Duchess of Sussex getting involved in US politics. But her letter on behalf of...
This is a great way to get a juicy roast chicken, bursting with flavour. Bord Bia’s Spatchcock Chicken...
Painting kitchen cabinets can be transformative and can be achieved relatively low-cost, but you need the right equipment, and a lot of...
Don’t miss this year’s IMAGE Business Summit, with an expert line-up, skills masterclasses, keynote addresses and more.Back by popular demand,...
Annie Gatling, now Colleran, knew Trinity College was for her when she saw Front Gate from the top storey of...
“I was confused. Hadn’t I just been told this was a perfect time to be pregnant?” she questioned. Actress Cortney...