Kayak chairs by Alias
Stylish picks that will perk up your pad now – and still be on trend come summer…
It’s that awkward time of year again – you want to give your space a little lift but are torn between whether to buy something cosy for the cold, grey days we’re currently having, or take the plunge and jump into investing in a few bright pieces for the spring. Well, ponder no more – we’ve tracked down a few finds to keep you happy now – and many moons down the line. Best of both worlds!
1. Marble tray, around €74, Bloomingville, bloomingville.com. Marble ain’t going anywhere fast – and neither is its good friend geometry, especially the six-sided honeycomb shape that’s totally trending. This tray makes the perfect cheese board to accompany a pretty Pinot Noir for the dark evenings that are still on us. But jump a month down the line and we’ll be rolling out pastry on its cool surface for cookies and cake.
2. Kayak chair by Alias, €700, Minima, minima.ie. This is the perfect tone of blue to style now with knitted greys and cashmere whites; then as spring rolls in, change it up by accessorising with vibrant pinks and yellows.
3. Candle by Astier de Villatte, around €111,?Liberty, liberty.co.uk. A new candle is great for a little self-indulgence. This one has notes of citrus and eucalyptus and will lift a space within five minutes with both its light and fragrance. The vessel it comes in is also ceramic, which means you can bring new life to it long after the candle has burned out with a simple tea light.
4. Desk, €1,100, Industry, industrydesign.ie. This ticks all the boxes and is a big contender on our wishlist at the moment. Its neutral colour with a subtle distressed vibe will work well with the current Scandi monochrome trend, as well as hot white-on-white for summer. A good desk is a keeper and well worth spending a little extra on. This beauty has a unique asymmetrical style but won’t date fast because of its simplicity, plus it’s got with drawers of storage space.
5. Nomad tray box by Skagerak, around €51, Skandium, skandium.com. A sure way to bring a new dynamic to any area is by getting some simple storage. However, try to *literally* think outside the box on this one. For surface areas such as desks and dressers, trays with insets and dividers can be your best bet, as these bring organisation while still allowing pieces you use every day to be easily visible and at hand.
6.?Duvet cover?in Glacier Grey, €149, Merci, merci-merci.com. Often it can be the aesthetic of your bedroom you grow tired of fast – and that also tends to collect layers of clutter and clothing. However, of all the rooms in your house, this space is super important to try to preserve a sense of stillness and space in. The quickest and easiest way to do this is to change your bedspread and pillows. We’ve fallen in love with the calmness this’mix of grey and white brings, especially in this relaxed fabric. The look can easily be changed later in the summer by adding some pretty pastels.
Now head here for our pick of star-quality lights.
Sheenagh Green for @Image_Interiors