This Easter is choc-full of treats across the country, with activities for all the family to enjoy. Here’s how to make it an egg-stra special Easter for kids…
1. Easter Trail,?Airfield?Walk or hop your way along the Easter trail and be rewarded with chocolate at the end! Don’t get your bunny ears in a knot?as?there’s plenty of chocolate to go round for everyone. The trail takes you through the estate’s fabulous farm and gardens???this is one for the family to enjoy. Friday?March 25- Sunday 27?
2. Tayto and Chocolate, Ashbourne, Co. Meath?Do we really need to say anymore? Tayto Park reopens its doors from the 18th, and lucky for us, it’s just in time for Easter. A scavenger hunt takes place on the 27th (this could get competitive), there’s face painting, animal feeding time (real animals, not the kids) and Easter-themed arts and crafts. Not to mention Ireland’s tallest roller coaster. This is a must for crisp, chocolate and adrenaline addicts. Today,?March 18-Sunday 27
3. Galway Food Festival?Celebrating 100 years of Irish food?with?a smorgasbord of culinary delights, from TGO Falafel to Hotel Meyrick’s?chocolate afternoon tea.?Galway Food Festival has brought out the big confectionery guns with Mr Waffle’s Easter egg hunt on Easter Sunday. There’s room for children to run riot in the nearby park with the Easter Bunny?as they scout for eggs, and they’ll receive a gift at the end. More events Thursday March?24-Monday 28?
4. Easter at Bunratty Castle, Co. Clare?This year, in honour of?Easter at Bunratty,?the castle and folk park will host?an Easter egg hunt in the midst of a magical medieval setting. Look forward to puppet shows, train rides, new spring animal arrivals, and a 1916 animation. This is a family day out with all the frills – not to be missed. Monday?March 28
5. A Chocolate Addict’s Dream,?Carlow?Multiple award-winning?Chocolate Garden of Ireland is hosting its daily chocolate-making workshop. Channel your inner Juliette Binoche in the hopes of Johnny Depp popping by to fix your door. Or have a fun day out?learning the art and history of chocolatiering with your young ones. The garden offers premium chocolate tasting, ice-cream making and oodles of fun. Daily Workshops. ?
6. Cadbury Egg Hunt Fun, Merrion Square, Dublin?Become an eggsplorer?in Dublin’s Merrion Square on Friday the 26th of March or Saturday 26th of March for Egg Hunt Fun, all in support of Barnados. Amongst other eggciting entertainment and activities, all eggsplorers will receive a Cadbury’s Easter Egg. Find out more here.