27th Oct 2017
Mulligan & Haines, an exciting new arrival to the Dublin bar scene has created a deadly menu for Halloween and it’s terrifyingly good. The bar, which is located at 32 Dame Street, Dublin 2 specialises in creating beautiful cocktails and for All Hallows’ Eve and they’ve even provided the trade secrets that go into concocting these magical potions, should you be having your own spooky celebrations at home…
Buck’s Potion – A mix of vodka, blackberry liqueur, lavender and a squeeze of lemon
- 25ml vodka
- 10ml parfait amour liqueur
- 15ml blackberry liqueur
- 20ml tarragon simple syrup
- 15ml fresh lemon juice
- 10ml lavender syrup
- Purple sanding sugar for the rim
- Shake all ingredients and pour into chilled Martini glass.
- To garnish add flowers and blackberry.
Bloody Haines – A blend of vodka, cocoa, orange juice and a dash of raspberry
- 30ml vodka
- 20ml creme de cacao
- 20ml orange juice
- 5ml sugar syrup
- 20ml raspberry syrup
- Dash soda water
- Raspberry syrup and sugar for the rim
- Shake all ingredients except for raspberry syrup and soda water.
- Pour into a tall Pilsner glass over crushed ice, top up with soda then pour raspberry syrup in the center of the drink.
- To garnish add orange and raspberry.
Mulligan Monster – A mix of black vodka, triple sec and blood orange
- 20ml black vodka
- 30ml triple sec
- 60ml orange juice
- 5ml blood orange
- Shake all ingredients except black vodka and add to a Gin goblet.
- Pour over crushed ice and then add float black vodka.
- To garnish add orange peel and cherry on a stick dipped into black vodka.
If the liquor cabinet is looking a little bare and these ingredients aren’t available to hand then call into Mulligan & Haines for one of their Halloween Specials from Friday, October 27th until Saturday, October 30th as they’ll only set you back €9.50. Contact [email protected] to reserve an area this weekend.
Approximately 80% of people with asthma also suffer from hayfever, which can make summer days a nightmare. These three alternative...
Many of us are struggling to maintain a healthy sleep cycle during Covid-19, explains sleep technologist Breege Leddy. But there are...
‘Suddenly alive again’: The heartbreaking joy of finding a deceased loved one on Google Maps street view
“I look at my mum’s old house on Google maps street view, the house where I grew up. It says...
A Malaysian judge has overturned an inquest verdict of misadventure in the death of 15-year-old Nóra Quoirin, changing it to...
Kate Garraway’s devastating Covid story is a reminder of why we must keep each other in mind as an invisible...
Six great audiobooks to listen to in lockdown. It took me ages to come around to the idea of audiobooks....
With Father’s Day just around the corner (this Sunday 20h June, so yes, you do have time to buy yours...