27th Oct 2017
Mulligan & Haines, an exciting new arrival to the Dublin bar scene has created a deadly menu for Halloween and it’s terrifyingly good. The bar, which is located at 32 Dame Street, Dublin 2 specialises in creating beautiful cocktails and for All Hallows’ Eve and they’ve even provided the trade secrets that go into concocting these magical potions, should you be having your own spooky celebrations at home…
Buck’s Potion – A mix of vodka, blackberry liqueur, lavender and a squeeze of lemon
- 25ml vodka
- 10ml parfait amour liqueur
- 15ml blackberry liqueur
- 20ml tarragon simple syrup
- 15ml fresh lemon juice
- 10ml lavender syrup
- Purple sanding sugar for the rim
- Shake all ingredients and pour into chilled Martini glass.
- To garnish add flowers and blackberry.
Bloody Haines – A blend of vodka, cocoa, orange juice and a dash of raspberry
- 30ml vodka
- 20ml creme de cacao
- 20ml orange juice
- 5ml sugar syrup
- 20ml raspberry syrup
- Dash soda water
- Raspberry syrup and sugar for the rim
- Shake all ingredients except for raspberry syrup and soda water.
- Pour into a tall Pilsner glass over crushed ice, top up with soda then pour raspberry syrup in the center of the drink.
- To garnish add orange and raspberry.
Mulligan Monster – A mix of black vodka, triple sec and blood orange
- 20ml black vodka
- 30ml triple sec
- 60ml orange juice
- 5ml blood orange
- Shake all ingredients except black vodka and add to a Gin goblet.
- Pour over crushed ice and then add float black vodka.
- To garnish add orange peel and cherry on a stick dipped into black vodka.
If the liquor cabinet is looking a little bare and these ingredients aren’t available to hand then call into Mulligan & Haines for one of their Halloween Specials from Friday, October 27th until Saturday, October 30th as they’ll only set you back €9.50. Contact [email protected] to reserve an area this weekend.
Painting kitchen cabinets can be transformative and can be achieved relatively low-cost,...
Holograms of the children she may never have dance across Dearbhla Crosses' mind as an MS diagnosis and Covid-19 are unwelcome reminders of her biological clock ticking.
Paul Mescal fans, this one is for you… A 14-minute...
It was on this day, January 17th, 1998, when news...
This healthy fish and courgette chips recipe from Jane Kennedy...