29th May 2015
We may all lead incredibly hipster lives (written by someone in Penneys PJs), but when it comes to planning a wedding, often even the most individual of people can fall into that trap of tradition, which says things must be done a certain way. When, really, what you should be aiming for is to make your wedding cooler than the coolest party you’ve ever been to? like, you’d pay ticketed-entry for this thing. Of course, traditions exist for a reason – the main being that there’d be utter bedlam, if people were just allowed to do whatever they wanted. But that’s not to say you need to treat your guests/bridesmaids/partner/self like woolly idiots. Here are 10 nifty ways to break the mould (a little), for very hip wedding results.
1. Create a graphic 3-D ceremony backdrop
2. Leave bouquet stems imperfect and uncovered
3. Make your cake darkly decadent
3. Go deep – not girly – on painterly, floral stationery
4. Strip your table back to its bare necessities (plus, lots of green)
5. Put flowers where they’re not supposed to be
6. Persuade an indie band, who never do weddings, to play
7. Allow your bridal party to pick their own outfits, with guidelines, of course
8. Keep speeches to a minimum – encourage song & jokes, instead
9. Use the escort card system, rather than a strict seating plan, so guests can choose their spot
10. Have a signature cocktail menu (on special, if it’s not a free bar)
For more beautifully offbeat wedding suggestions, pick up your copy of IMAGE Brides, on newsstands now
In a time when cool heads are needed – it’s more than the current heatwave that’s melting minds, writes Amanda...
There’s a reason we love being reminded of things that happened in our past. Amanda Cassidy explores why our trips...
Hiking a mountain and breast pumping – now, that’s what we call multitasking at its finest. Mandy Moore enjoyed an...
Despite some media coverage, the beds are actually focused on sustainability as opposed to intimacy restrictions. Recently, distance runner Paul...
We’ve all heard that the royal family don’t exactly gather round to watch The Crown, but one member has shared...
With Father’s Day just around the corner (this Sunday 20h June, so yes, you do have time to buy yours...