13th Jul 2015
This week is the final week of #PositivelyImperfect so it’s time to celebrate your achievements. We all know what exercise does for our bodies and our minds but sometimes maintaining healthy habits can be challenging so it is important to reward yourself along the way. What is the point of working hard if you don’t celebrate once your goal is reached? Rewards will strengthen your new habits and keep you in the zone.
I know you might be thinking that getting fitter, stronger, leaner and healthier is reward in itself – it sure is, it’s the best kind. Seeing yourself looking better, feeling more energetic and living a healthier life in general feels good. But a little pat on the back from time to time in the form of a mani/pedi can’t hurt!
Try not to focus solely on weight loss. As we know, weight fluctuates and isn’t a true measure of success. Pick milestones that take the focus off the scales. Why don’t your reward yourself for every week you don’t weight yourself? Ditching the scales is a huge step in the right direction for your body and mind.
You could focus on every 10th training session you complete, or jogging a certain distance without stopping, or every 7th day without junk food, or every 20th day in a row you have meditated. There are so many things to encourage and empower you to feel good and remain motivated.
Be creative with your reward, making sure it doesn’t sabotage your efforts.
Here are 10 healthy ways to give yourself that well deserved pat on the back while staying on track with your fitness and health goals.
- Sleep in – instead of getting up for your early gym sessions opt for a lie on, it’s a great break from your routine and a well-earned rest for the bod.
- Plan a day out with your friends – go for lunch, do some shopping. Being with people who make you laugh is good for you.
- Pick up a new plant for your garden or house – I love this idea, it’s a constant reminder of how great you’re doing.
- Splurge on some new exercise gear – you’re worth it!
- Treat yourself to a massage, mani or pedi (or all three if you fancy!).
- Start a charm bracelet – add a charm at every milestone, this can be a beautiful reminder of your journey.
- Plan a weekend getaway with your significant other.
- Try a fun exercise class like Zumba or Acroyoga.
- Treat yourself to a one-to-one session with a trainer who will be able to give you tips on how to add variety to your program and progress with your fitness.
Have a great week!
Not everyone was happy about the Duchess of Sussex getting involved in US politics. But her letter on behalf of...
“I was confused. Hadn’t I just been told this was a perfect time to be pregnant?” she questioned. Actress Cortney...
Don’t miss this year’s IMAGE Business Summit, with an expert line-up, skills masterclasses, keynote addresses and more.Back by popular demand,...
Your brain health is just as important as that of the rest of your body, says psychologist and neuroscientist Dr...
Annie Gatling, now Colleran, knew Trinity College was for her when she saw Front Gate from the top storey of...
Painting kitchen cabinets can be transformative and can be achieved relatively low-cost, but you need the right equipment, and a lot of...