11th Dec 2015
You will need; sculpting lotion, a paddle brush, a ghd, hair gel, smoothing oil.?
We’ve done the hard work for you – check out the gallery above or the list below for six products you can use to achieve the slicked back hair look.
- Joico JoiLotion Sculpting Lotion, available at SitStil Dublin or Joico.com
- Tangle Teezer Blow Styling Full Paddle Brush €19.90 available at Boots.ie
- Remington Silk Paddle Brush, €17.99 available at Boots.ie
- ghd Platinum, €215 available at ghdhair.com
- John Frieda Frizz Ease Extra Strength €8.49 available at Boots.ie
- L’Or?al Paris Studio Line Invisi’Hold 24h Natural Clear Gel Extra Strength, €4.99 available at Boots.ie
Now that you have your products ready, here’s Mark Doherty’s step by step tutorial for slicked back hair;
Shampoo and condition hair as you normally would.
Apply some sculpting lotion to your hair. Using your paddle brush, dry your hair upside down.
Take the top section of your hair and back comb it for support and a firm hold.
Using your ghd, straighten your hair from roots to end.
Using gel, start from the hairline and push the gel right back to the crown of the head.
Smoothen out the ends of your hair with some smoothing oil.
Best of luck trying this out and don’t forget to tweet us your slicked back hair looks @IMAGEie!
Let the revival of hair claws be a reminder to you that no matter how tired you find an accessory, the cyclical nature of fashion will one day make you wish you’d never thrown it out.
Like a leather jacket, a leather scent is an eternally cool confidence hint as classic as it gets.
In need of a new hair tool? The latest collection from ghd is in partnership with the Irish Cancer Society.For...
Menopause. Sigh. No matter how you try to dress it up it, menopause is a word that’s possibly one of...
Gareth Bromell, a global talent in hair who has worked with the biggest names in fashion and entertainment, has opened...
Itchy eyes from allergies? Stick these under-eye masks in the fridge for instant soothing. These are the greatest under-eye masks...