28th Nov 2014
Oval oak wine carafe, €35, designist.ie
In vino veritas, the old saying goes and, truth be told, a good wine is one of life’s greatest pleasures. Welcome to the wine lovers? – and also would-be lovers? – instalment in our gift guide series.
- Pour a little magic on proceedings with a beautifully shaped decanter and use this carafe for wine leftovers.
- Keep it chilled with a traditional-style?wine cooler or?ice bucket.
- Glasses are crucial to the taste of your tipple. How about these all-year-rounders and?festive glasses, come Christmas?
- These glass tags will come in handy at busy Christmas parties. You can also make your own.
- Achieve the right balance with the perfect?wine bottle holder.
- Finally, keep your wine treasures safe?with these pretty wine stoppers.
- Wine puzzle, anyone? Might be fun for St Stephen’s Day.
Still not quite the connoisseur yet? These might come in handy before your next dinner party: learn all about tannins and pairings in these excellent tomes, and taste a few vintages in Ely Wine Bar and The Wine Buff Shop.
And don’t forget: Beaujolais Nouveau just arrived on the tables of restaurants and in Irish stores on Thursday, accompanied by its famously chic, annually changing bottle branding design. So here’s where to taste the new – and the old wine – in Dublin town: Chez Max | Olesya’s | Fallon & Byrne | Odessa and The Dublin Wine Rooms.
Got a tip on great wine bar or a vibrant vintage you want to share with us? Comment on?Facebook?below or tweet us @Image_Interiors.
Painting kitchen cabinets can be transformative and can be achieved relatively low-cost, but you need the right equipment, and a lot of...
It may be the most unifying show on television, but shows like Love Island are promoting some pretty damaging messages....
Sarah Harding has died at the age of just 39, her heartbroken mother revealed today. The Girls Aloud star had...
Home looking a little tired? It’s the perfect time to treat your space to a seasonal refresh. TV personality Darren Kennedy shares his favourite homeware picks to do just that.
Despite some media coverage, the beds are actually focused on sustainability as opposed to intimacy restrictions. Recently, distance runner Paul...
Who is demanding the fetishization of young girls anyway?”When I was working in my early twenties, and even my late...