It’s time for the big reveal!
The shortlist has been announced for the IMAGE Businesswoman of the Year Awards 2018.
Tonight is the night. The IMAGE Businesswoman of the Year Awards ceremony kicks off from 6:30 pm at the Clayton Hotel, Burlington Road – and we simply can’t wait to see you there.
For six weeks, you nominated your friends and colleagues for #BWOTY18, and we received over 400 impressive entries. After much deliberation, these have been whittled down to make up one incredibly inspiring shortlist. See the impressive list of women that make our shortlist below.
Digital and Technology Businesswoman of the Year (Sponsored by BMW)
- Anna O’Hare, Director of Content, Web Summit
- Caroline Dunlea, Co-founder, Core Optimisation Limited
- Galvea Kelly, Global Vice President of Digital Strategy, Benefit Cosmetics LVMH
- Jennifer Taaffe, CEO, iZest Marketing Group
- Jillian Godsil, CEO, Blocknubie
- Joanne Kearney, Managing Director, GlowMetrics
- Rachel O’Donnell, Managing Director, The UX Studio
- Emma Walker, Managing Director of Ireland, Wachsman
- Sheena Bailey, CEO and Louella Morton, Executive Director, TestReach
- Tanya Grimson, Founder and CEO, maven46
- Nicki Hoyne, Founder, My Shining Armour
Social Entrepreneur of the Year (Sponsored by Virgin Media Business)
- Clare Kelly, Sole Trader, Health Squad/Junior Lifesavers
- Jill O’Herlihy, Head of Fundraising and Communications, Mental Health Ireland
- Judith Gilsenan, Head of Communications and Fundraising, Debra Ireland
- Liz Waters, CEO, An Cosán VCC
- Margaret O’Rourke Doherty, Network Manager, Image Skillnet
- Mary Doherty, President, Down Syndrome Ireland
- Orla O’Connor, Director, National Women’s Council of Ireland
- Susan O’Dwyer, Chief Executive, Make-A-Wish Foundation
- Tammy Darcy, Founder and CEO, The Shona Project
- Ziva Newman, Head of Philanthropy and Fundraising, Central Remedial Clinic
Young Businesswoman of the Year (Sponsored by Liffey Valley)
- Ailbhe Garrihy, General Manager, Dublin Bay Cruises
- Ailbhe Keane, Founder and Creative Director, Izzy Wheels
- Aimee Connolly, Owner, Sculpted by Aimee Connolly Cosmetics Ltd
- Anita Murray, Managing Director, CACI Ireland
- Helena Ryan, Director and Founder, WellFest
- Jenny Connolly, Company Director, The Lo-Cal Kitchen
- Kate Verling, Managing Director, Mink Hand & Foot Spa
- Kelly Ging, CEO, Kelly Lou Cakes
- Lisa Quinlan, Owner/Director, The Rolling Donut and Wildflower Café Ratoath
- Pamela Laird, Founder, Moxi Loves Limited
Creative Businesswoman of the Year (Sponsored by Cairn Homes)
1. Ann Chapman, Owner and Managing Director, Stonechat Jewellers
2. Denise O’Connor, CEO, Optimise Design
3. Fiona Heaney, Owner, Founder and Designer, Fee G
4. Gillian Blaney Shorte, Art Director, Artzone
5. Joeanna Caffrey, CEO and Owner, Joeanna Caffrey Flowers
6. Lucy Nagle, Founder and Creative Director, Lucy Nagle
7. Nora Twomey, Co-founder and Director, Cartoon Saloon
8. Sharon Keegan, Founder and CEO, Peachy Lean
9. Sonia Reynolds and Francie Duff, Co-founders, Stable of Ireland Design Limited
10. Zoe Rocha, Executive Producer, LittleRock Pictures
11. Niamh de Barra, Creative Director, The Interiors Project
Entrepreneur of the Year (Sponsored by Boots)
1. Alison Stroh, Director, Dr Coy’s Health Foods Ltd.
2. Chupi Sweetman, Creative Director and Founder, Chupi
3. Gillian Moore Brady, Managing Director, Fuschia Make-up
4. Karen Clince, CEO, Tigers Childcare
5. Kate Hyde, CEO, Glencove
6. Lorraine Heskin, Owner and Managing Director, Gourmet Food Parlour
7. Mairead Mackle, Founder and CEO, Homecare Independent Living Enterprises
8. Margie Burns, Managing Director, Aviation Selection Consultants and Aviation Coaching Alliance
9. Marissa Carter, CEO and Founder, Carter Beauty Cosmetics and Cocoa Brown Tan
10. Milena Jaksic Byrne, Managing Director, Platinum Pilates
11. Sonia Deasy, Co-founder and CEO, Pestle & Mortar
Management Professional of the Year (Sponsored by Irish Life Health)
1. Andrea Cawley, Commercial Director, Automatic Plastics Limited
2. Colette Mulroy, Associate Director, Savills Commercial Ireland
3. Emma Lacy, Chief Operations Officer and Head of Sales and Marketing, Horan Automation and Consulting
4. Gemma Teeling, Deputy Managing Director, PHD Ireland
5. Gina Laverty, Vice President European Finance, Global Payments
6. Lisa Dillon, General Manager, EMEA Digital Sales, Microsoft Ireland
7. Louise Barry, Director, International Transaction Management, CBRE
8. Lynne Coyle MW, Wine Director, O’Briens Wine
9. Una Nolan, Head of Engineering and Operations, Airtel ATN Limited
10. Dr Lorraine Byrne, Executive Director, Amber, the Advanced Materials Engineering Research Centre at Trinity College Dublin
11. . Dara Deering, Executive Director, Retail Banking, KBC Bank Ireland
CEO of the Year (Sponsored by Kuehne + Nagel)
1. Aisling Keegan, Vice President and General Manager, Dell EMC Ireland
2. Amanda Roche-Kelly, Managing Director, Just Eat Ireland
3. Breda Quigley, Managing Director, The Q Café Company
4. Gretta Guiney, Managing Director, Michael Guiney Ltd
5. Monica Matellano, Director, Eirespan Distribution Limited
6. Mouna Prenty, CEO, Seetec Ireland
7. Niamh McCarthy, Managing Director and CEO, Excursions Ireland
8. Paula Rogers, Founder, Admiral Recruitment
9. Sinéad Doherty, CEO, Fenero
Start-up of the Year (Sponsored by Samsung)
1. Fiona Uyema, CEO and Founder, Fused by Fiona Uyema Ltd
2. Jennifer Rock, CEO and Founder, The Skin Nerd Ltd
3. Johanna Harpur, Owner and Director, Jo Harpur Jewellery
4. Kim O’Sullivan, Director, The Dublin Makeup Academy
5. Laura Gannon, Owner, Cakeface
6. Barbora Greplova & Terezie Holesinska, Directors of Staff, Electrina Limited
7. Julie McLoughlin, Co-founder, JANDO
8. Aoife Mullane, Luxury Textile Design, Aoife Mullane Design
9. Larissa Feeney, CEO, Accountant Online
10. Aimée Madden, CEO and Founder Clinishift
Winners will be announced tonight, November 19 at The Clayton Hotel, Burlington Road.
While the dawn of the Netflix era has been great...
Less may be more when it comes to cosmetic enhancements,...
This year, in particular, we are feeling the strain of...
‘Eclipsed’ director Kate Canning told Jennifer McShane of the challenges...
For a lift, reminding us of simpler times, and that...
Ring in the New Year (and bid a welcome adieu...
Jennifer McShane celebrates the classic films of her childhood that made...
No festive spread is complete without a traditional Christmas trifle...