12th Jul 2019
Cara, the inflight publication of Aer Lingus, is looking for a full-time designer to create beautiful layouts to inspire and entertain on-board readers
The sky is the limit (sorry…) for our design ace, who will maintain our aesthetic of high-quality travel and lifestyle photography across eight issues per year. In addition to working directly with Cara’s editor, deputy and editorial assistant, you’ll be working closely with industry-best photographers and illustrators to help enhance the very best in travel writing.
Our chosen candidate will be the backbone of Cara’s visual operations and also be expected to participate in other projects within IMAGE Media’a print and digital portfolio.
What you’ll do:
- Create dazzling layouts – editorial and advertorial – from front cover to back page
- Package files for our pre-press partner
- Picture research and sourcing
- Design a monthly ezine for our advertisers
- Generate PDFs for digital upload
- Manage and meet all deadlines as assigned by the editor and deputy editor
- Be an integral member of the Cara team, representing both IMAGE and Aer Lingus at industry events where applicable
- Foster strong relationships within the industry and be constantly alert to art, design, travel and lifestyle trends
To be a successful candidate, you are:
- A highly experienced designer with a proven track record in print and digital
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and with a deadline-driven team
- Innovative, creatively proactive and ideas-driven
- Interested in and inspired by art, design, travel and tourism
- Culturally curious and visually literate
- Agile and flexible under pressure
- Good humoured, amenable and collaborative
- Someone who enjoys problem-solving in an ever-changing environment
If this sounds like you, send a covering letter outlining your interest, your CV and samples of your best design work to editor [email protected] by no later than July 26.
Read more: Interview dos and don’ts: upskilling, telling fibs and that all-important question
Read more: These are our top tips on how to ace that phone interview
Read more: Why chats in the office kitchen are good for business
Hiking a mountain and breast pumping – now, that’s what we call multitasking at its finest. Mandy Moore enjoyed an...
Approximately 80% of people with asthma also suffer from hayfever, which can make summer days a nightmare. These three alternative...
Actress Julianne Moore is tired of all the cliched tropes about female ageing. The way we speak about it; the...
These days, going to a wedding is the equivalent of going on a short holiday in terms of cost. From...
Your brain health is just as important as that of the rest of your body, says psychologist and neuroscientist Dr...
‘Suddenly alive again’: The heartbreaking joy of finding a deceased loved one on Google Maps street view
“I look at my mum’s old house on Google maps street view, the house where I grew up. It says...
Sarah Harding has died at the age of just 39, her heartbroken mother revealed today. The Girls Aloud star had...