12th Jul 2019
Cara, the inflight publication of Aer Lingus, is looking for a full-time designer to create beautiful layouts to inspire and entertain on-board readers
The sky is the limit (sorry…) for our design ace, who will maintain our aesthetic of high-quality travel and lifestyle photography across eight issues per year. In addition to working directly with Cara’s editor, deputy and editorial assistant, you’ll be working closely with industry-best photographers and illustrators to help enhance the very best in travel writing.
Our chosen candidate will be the backbone of Cara’s visual operations and also be expected to participate in other projects within IMAGE Media’a print and digital portfolio.
What you’ll do:
- Create dazzling layouts – editorial and advertorial – from front cover to back page
- Package files for our pre-press partner
- Picture research and sourcing
- Design a monthly ezine for our advertisers
- Generate PDFs for digital upload
- Manage and meet all deadlines as assigned by the editor and deputy editor
- Be an integral member of the Cara team, representing both IMAGE and Aer Lingus at industry events where applicable
- Foster strong relationships within the industry and be constantly alert to art, design, travel and lifestyle trends
To be a successful candidate, you are:
- A highly experienced designer with a proven track record in print and digital
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and with a deadline-driven team
- Innovative, creatively proactive and ideas-driven
- Interested in and inspired by art, design, travel and tourism
- Culturally curious and visually literate
- Agile and flexible under pressure
- Good humoured, amenable and collaborative
- Someone who enjoys problem-solving in an ever-changing environment
If this sounds like you, send a covering letter outlining your interest, your CV and samples of your best design work to editor [email protected] by no later than July 26.
Read more: Interview dos and don’ts: upskilling, telling fibs and that all-important question
Read more: These are our top tips on how to ace that phone interview
Read more: Why chats in the office kitchen are good for business
“Every baby costs you a book” – that’s something women...
It was on this day, January 17th, 1998, when news...
Still one of our favourite homes ever, the easy-breezy interiors...
‘Femertising’ is big business. Brands are increasingly taking advantage of...
Holograms of the children she may never have dance across Dearbhla Crosses' mind as an MS diagnosis and Covid-19 are unwelcome reminders of her biological clock ticking.
Paul Mescal fans, this one is for you… A 14-minute...