We don’t know quite how it became an overnight regular hang-out, but it’s undeniable that Izakaya is now a bit of an institution after being around scarcely a year. It has managed to fill that gap that existed in Dublin night life – a place that goes from evening to night-time, from dinner to cocktails without having to change venue. It has become a joyous haven for all late night stragglers and wanderers, with its Japanese grunge combining with Dublin cosiness to make it one of our favourite haunts.
Here’s 5 reasons why it’s still our flava fav ?
- Its weird cocktails – Geisha Nights still wins for us.
- The most hardcore (looking) smoking area in Dublin
- The incredibly good vibes. Always.
- The fact that you’ll randomly meet your friends there at 1am on a Tuesday.
- Because for a moment – just for a moment – it’s not Dublin anymore down there.
Izakaya 12-13 South Great Georges Street, Dublin 2, (01) 645 8001
@Roxeenna is partial to the Izakaya Lychee cocktail and a good boogie