If you enjoy baking, you should consider adding these Italian classics to your schedule. These little amaretti biscuits are simple and delicious. They are the perfect bake over the Holidays as they’re so easy to make the kids can get involved and they still turn out fabulous. You can store them and keep them. But honestly these little treats taste so wonderful we don’t think you’ll be able to resist. They’ll be gone by the time you make your next cup of tea.
If you’re invited to a dinner party, these little Italian biscuits are a perfect gift for the host, they look lovely when popped into a little plastic bag and secured with a beautiful ribbon.
The perfect drink to accompany amaretti biscuits is some lovely lemoncello or even a little orangello.
350g ground almonds
350g caster sugar
4 egg whites
1 – tbsp amaretto
Butter, for greasing
1. Preheat the oven to 180C / Gas 4.
2. In a large bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff. Gently mix in the sugar, amaretto and almonds.
3. Place some baking parchment on a baking tray and butter lightly.
4. Using a teaspoon place small dollops (about 2cm) onto the sheet. Or you could use a piping bag.
5. Bake for 12?15 minutes until a pale golden brown. Leave to set on the baking tray, as they are quite soft at this stage. They will harden as they cool.
This deliciously addictive recipe is from Catherine Fulvio of Ballyknocken House & Cookery, Whirpool Embassador.?