22nd Nov 2015
As an added bonus, flick through the gallery above in fullscreen mode to see our top picks from the Arnotts Christmas collection, ideal for sprinkling your home with seasonal magic?
1?Create an organic feel by bringing the mantel sash to the table and use a jug (like this Nordic-inspired handmade ceramic carafe by Irish pottery house Diem) to house a wintry bouquet instead of a vase for a rustic touch.
2. Combine candlelight and crystal. Be sure to add the right gleam and glow to your table, these Villeroy & Boch crystal chalices with their laurel leaf cut panels will?to smarten and sparkle up the occasion.
3. Keep Snug?in these Irish hand-woven Cushendale blankets. After all, isn’t Christmas supposed to be comfy and cosy?
4. Be creative with your place cards. Why not try this gift tag and bauble combo? All you need to do now is practise your calligraphy.
5. Opt for neutral tones and natural fabrics. Neutral and natural tone always complement each other so stay away from bright, gaudy reds this year where possible and keep your surfaces and accessories organic. We love this palette of navy, walnut and stone, especially these linen napkins?by Jigsaw Home,?adding a touch of class to any dinner party, not just for Christmas!
6. Get your very own time machine. Do yourself a favour and get all the preparation done before the big day. Having the right equipment will halve the time you usually spend so invest in a serious kit like this kMix by Kenwood. Don’t forget, a cafeti’re?will be your new best friend this festive season.
7. Add a golden touch. Metallics are sticking around in interiors with the latest trends forecasting that gold, silver, copper and brass will stay all the rage for 2016. So let your appliances shine, we love this copper kettle by De’Longhi.
8. Cut your own cookies. This is a great way to keep the kids entertained (while turning them into your very own present factory). These copper cutters by Eddington Ltd are trendy enough to leave out long after you’re done, success all round!
9. Tying your homemade treats. This folksy red ribbon by Decoris will make the fruits of your labour all the more inviting.
10. Design your own display. Show off the jewels in your Christmas collection or your brand new favourite baubles by giving them centre stage. Kept it simple by combining no more than seven decorations at a time, be sure to keep the twine and ribbon at different heights and vary the bauble shapes and size for?an eye catching result.?
All products shown are available in Arnotts this Christmas season. Find more inspiration at Arnotts.ie?
Still one of our favourite homes ever, the easy-breezy interiors...
The documentary Miss Americana has shown a different side to...
This healthy fish and courgette chips recipe from Jane Kennedy...
This is a perfect lunch recipe, and the harissa does...
“Every baby costs you a book” – that’s something women...
The Love Island presenter has divided social media after she...