We fell in love with so many hair trends this year, from opal hair to low buns to glitter roots. One of our favourite 2015 hair trends has been slicked back hair ?-Kendall Jenner wore this look back in May at the Billboard Awards to help Olivier Rousteing announce the H&M x Balmain collection. Ever since, we have been obsessed and dying to trying out this look, so we asked Mark Doherty from SitStil?in Dublin to give us a step by step tutorial so we can achieve perfect slicked back hair ourselves.
You will need; sculpting lotion, a paddle brush, a ghd, hair gel, smoothing oil.?
We've done the hard work for you - check out the gallery above or the list below for six products you can use to achieve the slicked back hair look.
- Joico JoiLotion Sculpting Lotion, available at SitStil Dublin or Joico.com
- Tangle Teezer Blow Styling Full Paddle Brush €19.90 available at Boots.ie
- Remington Silk Paddle Brush, €17.99 available at Boots.ie
- ghd Platinum, €215 available at ghdhair.com
- John Frieda Frizz Ease Extra Strength €8.49 available at Boots.ie
- L'Or?al Paris Studio Line Invisi'Hold 24h Natural Clear Gel Extra Strength, €4.99 available at Boots.ie
Now that you have your products ready, here's Mark Doherty's step by step tutorial for slicked back hair;
Shampoo and condition hair as you normally would.
Apply some sculpting lotion to your hair. Using your paddle brush, dry your hair upside down.
Take the top section of your hair and back comb it for support and a firm hold.
Using your ghd, straighten your hair from roots to end.
Using gel, start from the hairline and push the gel right back to the crown of the head.
Smoothen out the ends of your hair with some smoothing oil.
Best of luck trying this out and don't forget to tweet us your slicked back hair looks @IMAGEie!