Auburns and strawberry blondes, gather round…
Adrienne and Stephanie Vendetti (above) are sisters and co-founders of How to be a Redhead, a website which empowers and offers redheads advice on helping make those auburn locks look their best. Here they share with us their top ten beauty and fashion tips.
1. Natural days are here to stay: Don’t cover up your freckles and fair skin! Let your natural skin shine through. “I always say, freckles are MY makeup.” Stephanie
2. Use mascara: “Growing up, we were always told not to cover up our natural blonde eyelashes. But, we discovered that mascara truly defines the eye and makes the hair pop.” Adrienne If a redhead is afraid of having “too-dark” of an eye, opt for a dark brown mascara.
3. Red Lipstick: Ignore the myth that redheads can’t wear red. Red lipstick makes the entire look come together, just remember less is more. “When Adrienne and I are getting ready, if we choose a bold red lip, we’ll go lighter on the eyes to give a good contrast.” Stephanie
4. Eyebrow pencil or powder: Redheads typically have very light eyebrows. Fill them in with a eyebrow powder, a shade lighter than your hair color. “I have the lightest blonde eyelashes. Filling in my brows defines my face and gives my hair character.” Adrienne
5. Moisturize and wear sunscreen daily: SPF should be every redhead’s best friend. Wear it on your face and body every single day. “I love my freckles and my light skin. SPF keeps me protected and safe from the hot sun.” Stephanie
6. Embrace yellow’s, white’s and beiges: Redheads looks great in these 3 colors this summer. If you are wearing lighter colors, add a little bronzer to the cheeks to keep you from looking washed out. “Redheads can really wear any color they want. But they have to make sure to do it the right way.” Adrienne
7. Little red dress: What a statement! We love redheads who rock red. “Our advice is, if you’re wearing red, go for a light pink or glossy lip. You don’t want to overdo it. If you’re determined to wear your favorite red lip, pull your hair into a high bun, choose a shade of red lipstick a shade darker than your dress and Rock it like a Redhead!” Stephanie
8. Let your hair do the talking: Opt for less accessories. Let your hair do the talking. “Unlike Stephanie, I don’t wear jewelry at all. My red hair is my true accessory. If I want to have a little fun, I’ll add a fun headband to give my hair a classy look.” Adrienne
9. ‘Redhead Friendly’ Colors: Redheads look so great in deep, vibrant tones like emerald green, eggplant purple and cobalt blue. “When I’m in a rush, I pull a ‘redhead friendly’ color from my wardrobe and go. It’s guaranteed to turn heads and make a statement. I love it.” Stephanie
10. Rock it like a Redhead: Embrace your style and be comfortable in your own skin. “If you could learn 1 thing from these 10 steps, we would prefer it to be confidence. Love the skin you’re in and hold your head up high. You’re beautiful!” Adrienne
For redhead life hacks check out howtobearedhead.com