Chef Mark Moriarty’s Christmas starter recipe for smoked salmon and prawn bites
Chef Mark Moriarty's show-stopping Christmas starter recipe for smoked salmon and prawn bites will see you through festive occasions for years to come.
Chef Mark Moriarty and Marks and Spencer have created a series of recipes focusing on the festive season.
For a Christmas starter recipe to wow your guests, Mark’s Smoked Salmon & Prawn Bites are quick and easy to assemble while being packed full of flavour and can be re-created as handy bites throughout the festive season for quick and easy party food, New Year’s Eve canapés or an added treat to a family brunch.
This recipe focuses on the clever combination of simple yet flavoursome ingredients for a truly delicious and luxurious dish with minimal ingredients.
Salmon & Prawn Bites
200g M&S Collection smoked salmon
200g cooked prawns
3 tbsp M&S seafood sauce
Handful Cook With M&S chives, chopped
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp tabasco sauce
1. Roll some clingfilm on a board, layer the smoked salmon slices across, making sure the slices slightly overlap
2. Chop the prawns into small chunks, season with the seafood sauce, chives, lemon juice and tabasco
3. Spoon the prawn mix in a line along the middle of the salmon
4. Roll the salmon into a sausage shape, squeezing both ends tightly. Leave in the fridge for an hour
5. Slice the roll using a sharp knife, creating little bites of smoked salmon with prawn filling
Mark Moriarty will be hosting an Instagram Live from the @marksandspencerireland account, giving followers the chance to cook along at home and re-create this recipe on Thursday, November 25 at 6pm.
Photography by Marks & Spencer.