Hey, Ivy. Hey, Robin. Spring was supposed to have sprung by now, but despite the unusually chilly weather, nature's proud displays have inspired us to compile the cutest baby names for your impending spring baby. These nature-based monikers are organic, fresh and, let's face it, completely adorable (without being too kooky). Springtime has long been a symbol of innocence, purity and fresh beginnings - which is exactly how your tiny babe comes into the world.
Derived from trees, flowers and beautiful things created in the natural world, these names are guaranteed to blow the animal baby name trend from last spring right out of the water! (Hear that, Bear?)
And if you are expecting in April, you are in great company. The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are likely to have their baby in the coming weeks too. Although many believe that Harry and Meghan will give their baby a traditional royal name, some speculate that given their breaks in tradition to date, they might even give Baby Sussex a more unique name. Heather or Heathcliff Sussex has a nice ring to it!
1. Bud - after Spring's first display of rebirth.
2. Robin - after the sweet and trusting bird.
3. Denver - meaning "green valley".
4. Atwell - meaning "lives by a spring ".
5. Weldon - meaning "hill near a spring".
6. Bradwell - means "from the broad spring".
7. Xavier - meaning "bright".
8. Neville - meaning "new town".
9. Maxwell - after the Scottish word for "Magnus' spring".
10. River - your little flowing river.
11. Byrn- Welsh for hill
12. Heath - a devastatingly handsome moor.
13. Aster - the Greek word for a star (for your little star).
14. Indigo - a dark blue plant. (This might be nice as a middle name too)
15. Oliver - inspired by the humble olive tree
1. Poppy - after the cheerful red flower.
2. Claire - after the French word for "bright and clear".
3. Dahlia - after the beautiful flower.
4. Dawn - meaning "new day".
5. April - inspired by the beautiful springtime month we are currently enjoying.
6. Florence - after the Latin word meaning "bloom".
7. Blossom - after the flowers that bloom during spring.
8. Raine - "April showers bring May flowers!”
9. Diamond - it's the April birthstone - one of the most valuable and sparkling gems on earth (derived from the Latin meaning “invincible and untamed.”)
10. Daisy - after the gorgeous white flower
11. Amber - inspired by the fossilised tree resin with a golden colour.
12. Ava - the Latin for little bird
13. Ivy - hardy climbing vines
14. Meadow - a yellowy field of grass
15. Talia - Hebrew for morning dew