For a dish that's both delicious and easy-to-prepare, we're big fans of Barbacoa: an authentic Mexican dish typically made with beef, goat or lamb.
It is traditionally seasoned with dried chillies and spices and slowly cooked until perfectly tender. The addition of the Sadie's Kitchen bone broth adds an extra layer of flavour to the dish too. From there it's used as a delicious filling for tacos and burritos. You can easily leave it simmering in the slow-cooker and then quickly serve it up when you're in the door after work during the week – it's one the whole family will enjoy.
What you need:
- 1kg brisket, cut into large chunks
- 500ml Sadie’s Kitchen Boosting Beef Bone Broth
- 4 tbsp chipotle paste
- 1 large red onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 cloves, crushed or ground
- 4 bay leaves
- 1 bunch of coriander, chopped
- 150ml apple cider vinegar
- 4 limes, 2 juiced and 2 for serving
- Taco shells
How to prepare:
- Mix the onion, garlic, lime juice, and cloves with the chipotle paste.
- Place the mixture in the slow cooker, along with the remaining ingredients.
- Combine well and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours.
- Warm taco shells and serve with lime wedges, fresh salsa and avocado slices.